Internet Acronyms

Why the fuck would bullshit like this need to be stickied. People shouldn't be using this nonsense to begin with (aside from the occasional ironic/joke post).

Fuck off.

Whether or not people should be using these acronyms is irrelevant because they're going to anyway. It then gets fucking annoying having new people constantly questioning what the same acronyms stand for.

Yes because there is no such thing as Google or urbandictionary where people can look this stuff up.

Also how often does this happen anyway. Like once a week. It doesn't warrant a sticky with complete idiocy.

Yes because there is no such thing as Google or urbandictionary where people can look this stuff up.

Also how often does this happen anyway. Like once a week. It doesn't warrant a sticky with complete idiocy.

Of course there are other sources tbh. Enough people just aren't using them.

I think these questions pop up enough to warrant a reference thread, but I guess you just have a higher threshold of tolerance for them.

Why the fuck would bullshit like this need to be stickied. People shouldn't be using this nonsense to begin with (aside from the occasional ironic/joke post).

Fuck off.

Agreed. Ozzman and Mutantllama use them in almost every post it seems. It's quite annoying.

I don't see the problem with internet speak really, most people here (I hope) should have enough logical skills to decipher what most people write, it shouldn't be harder then reading when I for example totally don't use correct english all the time because I'm not that good at it. Languages evolves anyway, or do you all think we should write like in the 15th centuary? :p
Sure it can look dumb and makes the author look stupid too, but you are equally stupid if you decide to rate someones opinion according to how he/she writes instead of the accual substance.
I agree though that people like Mutantllama who only post useless stuff in internet acronyms are pretty useless.

SloughfegKillers: Fuck the world is the original and more oldskool \m/ I never use it as that though. ;d

Sure it can look dumb and makes the author look stupid too, but you are equally stupid if you decide to rate someones opinion according to how he/she writes instead of the accual substance.

When someone is purposely writing like a retard? Absolutely not. If you want me to read what you have to say then you damn well better put effort into putting that message forth. If you're going to write like a moron by using "words" like u, ur, 2, 4 or an abundance of the above mentioned acronyms just because you cannot be bothered to write the extra few letters then guess what, I can't be bothered to give a damn about what you have to say.

Retarded internet speak is almost an insult really. It's basically the other person saying "Hey my time is too important to take the extra few milliseconds to write the other 2 letters but I don't care about your time so instead you get to spend it deciphering what the fuck I'm trying to say".

Fuck. That. Anyone who wants their opinion taken seriously should make the effort to write with atleast vaguely decent grammar/spelling (to the best of their ability atleast). There's some middle ground between writing like you're in English class and purposely writing like a retard for the hell of it.

And yes, I probably am borderline insane for caring anywhere near this much about the issue but it just bugs the fuck out of me that laziness and stupidity has become some kind of virtue (or at the very least something socially accepted) on the internet.

Like I said, the ocasional usage of things like this in joking/ironic ways is fine. But people who actually routinely use this to actually communicate should just diaf.