Internet Radio Anyone???

Aug 1, 2005
Batavia, IL
www.myspace.com
The past few months I've been getting more and more into internet radio. My favorite being Progpalaceradio.

I was just curious as to how many of you regularly use internet radio, and if so, what your favorite ones are?

Also, I was wondering if anyone knew of the logistics behind starting your own internet radio station...

I was wondering if anyone knew of the logistics behind starting your own internet radio station...

I use Live365 to broadcast. I've been broadcasting "Symphony Of Steel" for 4 years. It's really simple to use, all you've gotta do is sign up and choose a broadcasting package(There is a fee of course, depending on which package you choose.) Once you've created your station, all you need to do is upload the mp3 files you want played on the station. Of course it's a little more involved than that, but like I said, it's really easy. Check it out.https://store.live365.com/orders/orderform.live
I use the P1000 package.

I listen to Rakosh, HardRadio, Bad Attitude, and Von Gobber. I was curious... how these stations can be on the air without paying royalties to RIAA etc?

I might be returning to Seismic Radio as a DJ again, in the near future. \m/

For my money (figure of speech), Seismic is the best... nothing beats LIVE broadcasting, with an IRC chat along with it where you can make requests in real time and simultaneously chat/goof off with other listeners (and non-listeners)... it's almost like being at a listening party at ProgPower. :)

booB said:
I might be returning to Seismic Radio as a DJ again, in the near future. \m/

Oh?

I thought we had certain minimum standards here at Seismic.

:tickled:

For my money (figure of speech), Seismic is the best... nothing beats LIVE broadcasting, with an IRC chat along with it where you can make requests in real time and simultaneously chat/goof off with other listeners (and non-listeners)... it's almost like being at a listening party at ProgPower. :)

It's hella fun...except that you can't singalong drunkenly to Styx's "Lady," or bum a cigarette or a drink from the person next to you. :D