Interview with Henkka Blacksmith online.

PyroVesten

I'm not Pyro
Aug 10, 2003
Sydney, Australia
www.myspace.com
I just finished transcribing my interview with Henkka Blacksmith ahead of Children Of Bodom's biggest ever tour (which includes their first ever shows in Australia..can't wait!). Topics discussed include the controversial album title, 'Oops I Did It Again' cover, Warmen, COB live and more. I hope this is of interest to you guys.

http://pyromusic.net/index.php?p=interviews/interview&id=17

Enjoy.

p.s. Will I see any of you at the second Sydney show?

Pyro: Regarding the album title 'Are You Dead Yet?'. Obviously the title caused a bit of a stir as it's very similar to the 2004 album by Carnal Forge entitled 'Aren't You Dead Yet?'. I'm sure it wasn't intentional, and I'm sure you've been asked a million times before but did anyone know that Carnal Forge had released an album with that name?
Henkka Blacksmith: No, we didn't.

Oww, just tell those motherfuckers to fuck off!! Are You Dead Yet? is something that really suits Bodom's new theme, and it's based on Alexi's personal experience which motivated the album theme. Carnal Forge are nothing but whiners who could've chosen any other shitty title for their new album. Just that they hint Bodom having ripped off their "idea" shows how fucking stupid they are. The song title is just a 'bad idea' for Carnal Forge, but for Bodom it's a 'vision'.

Joonas Lehtonen said:
Oww, just tell those motherfuckers to fuck off!! Are You Dead Yet? is something that really suits Bodom's new theme, and it's based on Alexi's personal experience which motivated the album theme. Carnal Forge are nothing but whiners who could've chosen any other shitty title for their new album. Just that they hint Bodom having ripped off their "idea" shows how fucking stupid they are. The song title is just a 'bad idea' for Carnal Forge, but for Bodom it's a 'vision'.

Seeing as their CD was releasd in 2004 and CoB in the later part of 2005, you can't really blame Carnal Forge....

And man, you are seriously the worst kind of fanboy ever. "It's a VISION!"... come on man, do you honestly think cob lives in desperate poverty struggling to pay the rent? It's a marketing ploy to appeal to middle class american teenagers who cry when they don't get that new car.

Vision or marketing ploy? I seriously don't know! (And how do you guys know, btw?;))
But there just MIGHT be a little of both involved!
Now call me a fangirl all you want :loco:

Lanterns said:
Vision or marketing ploy? I seriously don't know! (And how do you guys know, btw?;))
But there just MIGHT be a little of both involved!
Now call me a fangirl all you want :loco:

Fangirl.

Fact is, if your band can do a worldwide headline tour... you're not poor.

Noble Viking said:
^ HAHAHHAH!!!!! I live in the U.S. and my parents never bought me a car :hotjump: I had to work hard for two years to get mine, and I'll still be blastin' the new CoB out my car! :loco:

Man, you americans, honestly...

Take a generalized statement and if YOU don't fit the bill then it's wrong.

Get tae fuck and listen to Trivium, man

-Gavin- said:
Seeing as their CD was releasd in 2004 and CoB in the later part of 2005, you can't really blame Carnal Forge....

And man, you are seriously the worst kind of fanboy ever. "It's a VISION!"... come on man, do you honestly think cob lives in desperate poverty struggling to pay the rent? It's a marketing ploy to appeal to middle class american teenagers who cry when they don't get that new car.
Also, if you look at the lastest Carnal Forge album titles : The More You Suffer and Please...Die!. They were already in this 'theme' from the beginning or so. They also always had those "in your face" thrashy riffs - so those kind of album titles are pretty straight foward as well and fit well I guess. Not praising Carnal Forge, just setting things straight.

CoB apparently didn't know, shit happens and accept the fact.

-Gavin- said:
Fangirl.

Fact is, if your band can do a worldwide headline tour... you're not poor.
I never said they were poor. Besides, what does being poor or not that have to do with being inspired/being able to make good music or not?

Anyways. I wait 'til the album's out; if I like it, I keep it. If not, I might sell it/give it away/throw it away.;)

Lanterns said:
I never said they were poor. Besides, what does being poor or not that have to do with being inspired/being able to make good music or not?

Anyways. I wait 'til the album's out; if I like it, I keep it. If not, I might sell it/give it away/throw it away.;)

The fact that joonas is saying that Are you dead yet, living DB etc is how alexi views himself.

Fuck off, it's blatantly to appeal to a younger generation

-Gavin- said:

i'm a middle class american teenager and i have a 1994 isuzu rodeo and I"m not complaining. other tha nit needs a new master cylinder and the front right rotar needs to be replaced. but im not crying about it cuz i got a job that helps me replace it. :)

-Gavin- said:

:lol:

*edit*

Good interview btw!