Interview with Mr. V via the Official MySpace

NovembersDirge

Angry Metal Guy
Apr 18, 2001
Uppsala, Sweden
www.angrymetalguy.com
Hey there, everyone!

I've been running stuff on the MySpace about an interview and just in case some of you guys don't go there often, I thought I'd post something about it here.. actually, I'll post exactly what I posted on the MySpace:
MySpace Vintersorg Interview Exclusive!! Hey everyone!

I'm going to be conducting a MySpace exclusive interview with Mr. V and A. Stenlund (from TME and in Mr. V's new project Gravisphere) and I thought it would be pretty sweet to give the fans a chance to ask some substantive, intelligent questions of the man himself and about the new Gravisphere project!

It's all fair game (except when he's going to play in your hometown, 'cause obviously I'm not going to ask him that), and I'll be selecting the best questions to ask them. Only send your questions in one message and don't pester me about your questions or I'll be less likely to ask them. Make SURE you send the questions via MySpace messaging or they won't get answered or put in the question queue.

Anyway, if you want to submit a question feel free to send us a message here at the Vintersorg MySpace.

Sincerely,
/The Webguy
OK, so that's that: however, all y'all get an exception because you're on the Vsorg forum. You can either send it to the MySpace (which is actually preferred because I include the MySpace profile of the asker in the question), or you can send it in a PM here or, if you must, you can also ask it on the forum, but I'm very busy and I don't check the forum as much as I'd like.

I guess that's that. Thanks for your time and questions and I hope they're interesting and substantive ('cause there's been sort of a lack of that on the MySpace site).

:headbang:
/Phil

ok, that's pretty cool, but when will you actually do the interview?

my only question is.. Why yet another side-project, isn't it hard to focus on the countless other projects/bands, college, and personal life?

i would have a lot of questions, but the one that interests me mostly is:

the change of style and the change of lyric's themes, what came first?
which is the relation of cause and effect? i mean did you first felt the need to change the lyrics and then the change of music style was only a consequence, or was it the opposite?

It's been asked and answered before. UTFS for it here on the forum.

YASTIMWTA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
(you are starting to irritate me with those abbreviations)

what the fuck UTFS means?
use the fucking search?
u terrible fucking stupid?

:cry:
that makes no sense to me...
to read this forum should not be like to resolve a rebus

I'm starting to irritate YOU? Well screw you, too!:D I was just trying to help the man. If there's an abbreviation you don't understand, google will be perfectly happy to help you with it. It's really not that hard, you just open up google (www.google.com) and type in 'UTFS' (it's only four letters). I just tried it and THE FIRST page google found explained what it means. It's that simple. Don't be afraid, google is your friend.

Oh sorry there Alec, I forgot to mention that besides google, using a little common sense also helps.;) Anyway, let's stop this douchebaggery right now and let people ask the relevant questions.

My question would be: Are you planning on releasing a live DVD at any point in the future? Also, why not combine the already existing DVD video (which was shot at a concert in Canada I believe) and use it with songs from the albums (since the live audio is supposed to be awful), make a music video or two? I'm sure the fans would really appreciate it.

I'm starting to irritate YOU? Well screw you, too!:D I was just trying to help the man. If there's an abbreviation you don't understand, google will be perfectly happy to help you with it. It's really not that hard, you just open up google (www.google.com) and type in 'UTFS' (it's only four letters). I just tried it and THE FIRST page google found explained what it means. It's that simple. Don't be afraid, google is your friend.

are you in your period? :confused:

sorry if we are not all morthertongues or understand english as our own language.
i was joking if you haven't understood but yes is quite boring having to search for something that i do not understand just because someone is using abbrevations.

anyway i was near the meaning, i was wrong only for the F meaning (fine and not fucking)

NovembersDirge:

Just one question, what is your myspace? Is it the Vintersorg fan thing in your signature, or is it somethinng else?

Since the man said he doesn't come 'round much, I'll go ahead and say 'it's the Vintersorg fan thing in his signature, not something else'.

Why use search function when someone can answer the question for you in 2 seconds instead of browsing for 15 minutes?

Most people don't expect for Mr.V to have had a forum most about why he cut his hair anyway. I only know because I have no life.

15 minutes? All I did was write in 'Vintersorg hair' and the first page the search function found had a thread called 'Why did mr.V cut his hair?':) It took me way less time than writing this post. Also instead of continuing this pointless debate you could've just as easily answered the poor man yourself. Let's just stay on topic, please. I already ignored lefay82's babbling just to keep this thread on topic.

ASK SOME 'V' QUESTIONS!

Vampyrian said:
Let's just stay on topic, please.
good idea, too bad NovembersDirge hasn't replied here, I would have loved to know when the interview will be conducted and when it might be online!

15 minutes? All I did was write in 'Vintersorg hair' and the first page the search function found had a thread called 'Why did mr.V cut his hair?':) It took me way less time than writing this post. Also instead of continuing this pointless debate you could've just as easily answered the poor man yourself. Let's just stay on topic, please. I already ignored lefay82's babbling just to keep this thread on topic.

ASK SOME 'V' QUESTIONS!

YES LET ME CALL YOU STUPID THEN LET'S MOVE ON

This is on topic because every time someone asks a question, no matter how serious, you shriek OH MY FUCKING GOD USE THE SEARCH FUNCTION.

Stop it, man. You and I can find a topic in 2 seconds because know x or y thing was asked, but if someone is new or doesn't post often, they're not going to browse for it. That's not how people use teh nets. They do the easiest thing, which is simply blurt out their question mid-thread. It's a fan forum. Just accept people are lazy.

YES LET ME CALL YOU STUPID THEN LET'S MOVE ON

This is on topic because every time someone asks a question, no matter how serious, you shriek OH MY FUCKING GOD USE THE SEARCH FUNCTION.

Stop it, man. You and I can find a topic in 2 seconds because know x or y thing was asked, but if someone is new or doesn't post often, they're not going to browse for it. That's not how people use teh nets. They do the easiest thing, which is simply blurt out their question mid-thread. It's a fan forum. Just accept people are lazy.

Why should that be accepted? If people are too lazy to find out for themselves or use the search after it's been mentioned, then goddammit, they don't deserve to know.

Rivfadír;7283643 said:
Why should that be accepted? If people are too lazy to find out for themselves or use the search after it's been mentioned, then goddammit, they don't deserve to know.

Hey man, I agree with you, but it's not happening. 99999 out of every 100,000 will just blurt out a question and ask instead of using the search function.

Here, it's even a scientific fact now:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/technology/7417496.stm

You're just pounding on the sand when trying to get people to learn new stuff. Asking is easier if you're uncertain something's been asked, and you're in the middle of reading a thread anyway.

At any rate, I'm wondering if Mr.V sees himself doing the Borknagar gig for, say, more than another 3-5 years. What's he gonna do if that ends?