Interviewing DT this weekend, looking for questions

Xumbi

New Metal Member
Mar 26, 2004
Greetings all.

I am Jim. I do a metal podcast called The Entropy League for Metal Injection Guerilla Radio.

It looks like I'm going to have the opportunity to interview one of (maybe more than one, I don't know yet) the members of DT before the Providence, RI show. So I was hoping you guys might have some questions for me to ask.

Keep in mind that I don't know which member I'll be interviewing yet, so try to keep the questions more general if possible.

If I use your question I will be sure to give you credit during the interview.

Thanks!

Well, you could ask why they made Character they way they did. But for pity's sake don't ask the usual cliché (and useless, since DT never answers them meaningfully) "what do the lyrics of fjdhgkhd mean?" and "what are some of your suggestions for new bands in the metal scene?".

Note: Asking them what direction their next album will take will probably lead you either a) nowhere or b) to a false conclusion, as they've been known to say one thing and then do something else (happened before Projector).

here is my ?

i believe some type of deadline would destroy much of the creativity that could be invested in writing a new album. when they write their next album will they produce it themselves independently of a label without a deadline they must meet. as a fan i would promote taking as long as necessary to write any new material to make it a good as it could possibly be without worrying if the record company doesn't like the way it sounds.

and/or

for example, in the lyrics section on character. it listed the band members involved in the writing. does this mean that only those members participated in the writing of the song at all or those members simply had the main influence and innovation that went into developing that specific song.

sorry for the lone ?'s. Brian.

Here is mine:

1. Are you guys planning on recording any more covers?
2. Has any songwriting for the new album started
3. Is there any particular reason you close with Final Resistance a majority of the time? If you were to not close with that, what would you close with? (I REALLY would like to here answer to that).

-Zack

Zack said:
Here is mine:

3. Is there any particular reason you close with Final Resistance a majority of the time? If you were to not close with that, what would you close with? (I REALLY would like to here answer to that).

-Zack

great question. they finished their set in san francisco last year with fr. personally i think it's not that great of a song. in fact i always skip it when i listen to damage done

I think it's an ok song, but is a terrible closer and doesn't really have enough energy to leave you in shock and awe.

They probably close with it since "final" is in the title lol.

First off, just wanted to say Metal Injection ist krieg.

My questions:
1) With your first real headlining gigs this year, when can a full US headlining tour be expected?
2) How was your European tour with Chimaira?
3) What are your favorite places to play in the states?
4) Your lyrics deal with subjects including (but not limited to) death, love, despair, anger. Is there any subject you guys haven't written about you'd like or always wanted to?
5) Most of you are in your 30s but have the energy of people half your age. How do you manage to be so energetic and active?

OPETH_DT said:
Jim, I'll be at that show.
Awesome! I think I'll be wearing my Nasum Human 2.0 shirt, if you want to look for me.

Thanks for the questions everyone, I have a few that I'll definitely ask, and I'll post it here when it's done.

The interview is done and posted! It was just with Mikael.

Thanks to Ichiban and Zack for a couple of the questions I used.

I was surprised to hear from Mikael that they plan on recording a new album later this year. Does anyone know if that's been mentioned anywhere else yet? I'm hoping I got an exclusive "scoop"! :D