Into Eternity - Buried In Oblivion

Demonspell

cheating the polygraph
Apr 29, 2001
dead between the walls
www.ultimatemetal.com
Has anyone here been nailed to the wall by this album yet? Right now it's leaving a permanent footprint on my ass. The riffs and harmonies (both guitar and vocal wise) on this album are sick. I predict this album will have fans of thrash, prog, and melodic death alike speechless...

...and I expect a review to follow shortly.

I just downloaded some of it out of curiousity. I was really digging it, but I wish the vocals were all clean. I can't stand when bands run the gambit of vocal styles all in one song... very annoying.

bloodfiredeath said:
I just downloaded some of it out of curiousity. I was really digging it, but I wish the vocals were all clean. I can't stand when bands run the gambit of vocal styles all in one song... very annoying.
I think that's one of the strong points for the band. Their Dead or Dreaming album was hailed for the three way vocals. I like the use of high pitched screams and low end growls, spread out between triple-harmony clean vocals.

As for the new album, I don't download anything so I've not heard it yet. Another album that's been leaked before the promos are even available....?! Who leaks this shit? Anyway, I heard one new song from the CM sampler and I was floored.

Speak of the devil, I just clicked Demonspell's Into Eternity link last week and am dying to hear the band now. Where should I start?

NAD said:
Speak of the devil, I just clicked Demonspell's Into Eternity link last week and am dying to hear the band now. Where should I start?
Start by reading my interview with Jim Austin! :) I don't own the debut, but Dead or Dreaming is very good, although I have a few issues with it that were discussed in the interview with Jim. If they rectify what we discussed, this new album of theirs should be phenomenal. Third time lucky and all that...

NAD: Get the new album, Century Media currently has a presale offer in which you can get both the new one and Dead Or Dreaming for $20 total. If you need to hear them now, head for their site at IUMA. Jay: The rest of the album follows in that direction of the track on the sampler, it's basically the last album x10.

Well, maybe not ten...three at least.

Demonspell said:
NAD: Get the new album, Century Media currently has a presale offer in which you can get both the new one and Dead Or Dreaming for $20 total.
I think they throw in a poster as well, so NAD can put that up next to his Jenna Jameson artwork. Joking aside, Into Eternity will have NAD wetting himself. It screams, "NAD, impregnate me in the gay way".

If you need to hear them now, head for their site at IUMA.
Help me out here - what on earth is IUMA?

Jay: The rest of the album follows in that direction of the track on the sampler, it's basically the last album x10.
*full blown hard on* \m/

Well, maybe not ten...three at least.
*semi-erect and teased* /m\

http://www.iuma.com Go there, it's been around for eons. Well, it's been around for many years at least. It's slow as poop right now though.

Tried to order on CM.com, it's all fucked up, I'll wait until I get home.

The forces appear to be working against me... that will only strengthen my desire of this band!

NAD said:
The forces appear to be working against me... that will only strengthen my desire of this band!
BY the way NAD, Into Eternity are a little like Elenium, but much more grungey in the riff department (thicker chords and vox as opposed to melo-death harmonized strings).

Cool, thanks. I'll probably just buy those two for $20 anyhow if IUMA doesn't speed up.

@NAD: Did you read my interview? I thought the references to Jerry Cantrell might interest you. And dude, I can always send you a CD-R if you wanna test the water.

Yep, read the interview, the AiC / Cantrell thing pretty much sold me. I'll just buy them, it'll give me an excuse to order Khanate while I'm there. :)