Into Eternity - Buried In Oblivion

Hey these guys are good, too bad their guitarist can't play very well or anything...

:OMG:

*sarcasm*

:loco:

That opening lick, wow. Really like all the voices, gives the music a lot of personality, but so far I think the clean vocalist should give way to the death guys a little more. Not that he isn't good, I just want to hear some more growls. Early opinions.

NAD said:
*sarcasm*

:loco:
*Heart starts beating again*

That opening lick, wow. Really like all the voices, gives the music a lot of personality, but so far I think the clean vocalist should give way to the death guys a little more. Not that he isn't good, I just want to hear some more growls. Early opinions.
Interesting. I had some time to absorb the DoD before moving into BiO, so that probably helped me notice the differences more so. I'll be interested to see what you think of BiO and how you think it compares. I've done the review already for the new one. That'll go up in the next publish.

Just got the album last night. Simply jaw-dropping. This album is MUCH better than "Dead or Dreaming". They have made huge advancements in the clean vocal department. Great songs, great riffs, great melodies.

I put this album down for a few weeks but just rummaged my piles to find it again. Damn it is good. Damn damn good. Wow.

I only had the chance to listen to the album once and it really impressed me... The leads are very technical and the clean vocals are much better than what I expected...(I expected some cheesy stuff)

Scott Krall did backing vocals. The lead clean & death vocals were handled by his brother, Chris Krall, and Tim Roth (also guitar duties).

Remember that Into Eternity have three-way clean vocal harmonies, and all five band members did vox in some shape or form, whether it be clean, death, lead, or backing.

Amazing band really...shame that Scott quit, considering Buried in Oblivion will put them on the map.

I feel like the last guy in on a secret with regards to this album.

I purchased it last night at the NJ Metalfest, and I have to say: OMFG. Seriously, my mouth is agape at the ambitious nature of this album. It's fucking brilliant. And I'm only 4 songs in thus far.

There is so much going on, I get all giddy inside at the prospect of listening to it 1000x over in the next few weeks just to keep hearing something new. Holy crap it's that good.

One of the best bassists I've heard for quite some time. I hope he at least does his own thing now. :)

I pulled this out the other day -- I think I forgot just how astounding this release is. It's one of those albums that you really need playing loud to realize its immediate greatness, as opposed to just going from memory. There is too much going on in other words, you cannot hear this via samples or in passing.

ProgPower is 5 days and counting...

Anyway, I also found this review today. I hate to call people out on awkward reviews, but this could be the weirdest take I've read on IE. Somebody actually called them 'technical METALCORE'. <- yes, they even emphasised the metalcore in caps, haha.

Step into the twilight zone:

http://www.ultimatemetal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=144233

Haha, I got in an argument with that dude because I laughed that he called Opeth progressive.

Okay review, I think he got the message but I don't know what "metalcore" has to do with Buried in Oblivion.