Into Eternity - Buried In Oblivion

Steiner

Dyslexics Untie!
May 24, 2002
Rocklin, CA
www.google.com
Haven't had a chance to hear any of the new album yet but it seems like a lot of the Euro prog/death metallers are raving about it. Anybody had a chance to check out Into Eternity's new album yet?

oh my... this album is hugE!

i downloaded it off a recommendation and was truely shocked at how good it was...

best of 2004 so far

Testament Legions said:
What is the genre - prog, power, death???
hehe....a mix of all three genres actually.
BIO is a great album even though I haven't listened much to it yet because I've been too busy spinning the new Vintersorg :)
Century Media offers a mp3 of a new track and another mp3 from the previous album.

Gaunerin said:
hehe....a mix of all three genres actually.
BIO is a great album even though I haven't listened much to it yet because I've been too busy spinning the new Vintersorg :)
Century Media offers a mp3 of a new track and another mp3 from the previous album.

Thanks, Gaunerin!

Marlies have raved about them in the past, and I missed when they played a show in the Bay Area last year, so I'm curious to hear more!

I immediately thought of Nevermore when I picked up Dead... last year, but reading JayKeeley's review of #3 reminded me of Dream Theatre, which is probably a closer musical match.

Into Eternity mixes it up between the clean harmonies (which I don't care for) and the growls (which are killer!) -- different, for sure, but I won't carry on with them...not really my style.

Testament Legions said:
Thanks, Gaunerin!

Marlies have raved about them in the past, and I missed when they played a show in the Bay Area last year, so I'm curious to hear more!
haha.....and Marlies will keep raving about them, that's something I can promise :D

Hahahaha!!!! You can be sure about that!!!!!!!! THEY ARE KILLER!!!!!

This disc blows Dead Or Dreaming away big time! No band blends prog, death, growls and clean harmonies like these guys do, it's insane. The new cd is something I just can't stop listening to and I hope to review it soon. I had to let it all sink in first. The harmonies get stuck in your head and the vocallines are amazing. The growls (also three different voices!!) kick you in the ass big time! One enhances the other.....

And then there is the music..... :OMG: beautiful, enchanting, and ass-kicking at the same time. Something you gotta hear at least....... :worship:

I love this disc more than anything!!!:headbang:

Insania said:
I immediately thought of Nevermore when I picked up Dead... last year, but reading JayKeeley's review of #3 reminded me of Dream Theatre, which is probably a closer musical match.
Thanks, but just to clarify, in my review, I quoted the press release from Century Media since they describe Into Eternity as "bridging the gap between Dream Theater and Opeth".

I'm not sure if that is entirely accurate to be honest, and so I described otherwise, using NEVERMORE, PAIN OF SALVATION, MEGADETH, and EMPEROR as leverage. Indeed, Into Eternity pull from almost every genre, making Buried in Oblivion an incredibly important album for the scene IMO.

For the record, I love the new Into Eternity CD, and I cannot stand Dream Theater. I wouldn't want anyone to get the wrong impression of the band, at least the way I hear them. :)

Fair enough -- Dream Theatre's music is 10 seconds of the best metal ever laid down followed by 10 minutes of Air Supply-ish harmonies, and IE doesn't really go that far...

I got the new album. Definately an improved take on the "Dead Or Dreaming" sound...although at the same time an evolution of their sound without departing from their signature sound. The clean vocals and harmonies are not my cup of tea, but the music and production queality is so solid that I'm hooked. I betcha this will be one of the best albums of year. Maybe even one of those "must have" classics. Only time will tell. Just go get it if you haven't already.

BTW...I don't particularly like or listen to much Opeth or Dream Theatre, but this album grabbed me. Call it progressive death metal if you need to label it.

This is wierd...I was talking to my brother today and he was telling me that I should pick this up because it's something I would really like. He knows my taste and I trust him when he says I should get something, so I found it on Ebay brand new for 13.25 (including shipping) so I bought it. Then I get on the board and see the title to this thread! I haven't read this thread because I didn't recognize the name of the band......and now it's on the way to my house! I can't wait. My brother was saying this is great progressive death metal. He was using Dream Theater as a comparison a bit. That's fine with me..I like them. I'll post what I think when I get it:Spin: