Into Eternity too sick to continue tour

Marlies

veteran headbanger \m/
Jan 3, 2002
Regina, SK, Canada
www.wobben.org
After the Atlanta show on the 25th, where Tim, Troy and Adam played as a three-piece (!), because Stu and Rob were still being treated in the hospital (according to fan-posts on the forum for strep throat), the guys had no other choice but to leave the tour - they are (still) on their way home as we speak. That's all the info I have right now. Get home safe boys, and get well soon!

That really sucks! Good thing i got to see them before that happened, with a full lineup no less! get fuckin better guys, i cant wait to see you on your next stint\m/

yeah - totally sucks... got all the way to the club and saw that they had cancelled out... but what can you do... if you are incapacitated and unable to play you really dont have much choice. Get well guys and hopefully I can catch you over the summer when you tour with Krisiun etc... I'll catcha and leave before the headliner comes on :hotjump:

Well, I posted this at the other IE forums, it's pretty much what I heard from the Tampa show last night and what I have read online.

If you haven't heard yet, Adam, Rob, Stu, Tim, and Troy have all gotten sick while they were touring with Amorphis, and they had to cancel their tour with them. Rob and Stu, I believe, even had to go to the hospital while they were in Atlanta because they were sickly pale. From what I've hear they either had pneumonia or the flu, or both had one. I believe Adam, Tim, and Troy also have strep throat, but I'm not 100% on that. Whatever you all came down with while touring I hope you all will get well very soon.

that sucks, get better guys.

i feel kinda selfish for asking, but is IE still planning on doing the Canadian dates they had planned for after the amorphis tour?

I heard from my brother (Stu) today. He's on mass doses of antibiotics and has been told to rest up and not sing till he's finished the meds. I think they are planning to be back out on the road in a week tho if all goes well.

As sick as Rob is, I highly doubt that, but we'll see what Tim posts sometime soon. I feel so damned bad for them. It really sucks on tour sometimes, the conditions can be so harsh. Especially when all touring band members go back and forth with who is sick. I'll just think warm fuzzy thoughts for Rob and Stu to get better.

Squeak said:
As sick as Rob is, I highly doubt that, but we'll see what Tim posts sometime soon. I feel so damned bad for them. It really sucks on tour sometimes, the conditions can be so harsh. Especially when all touring band members go back and forth with who is sick. I'll just think warm fuzzy thoughts for Rob and Stu to get better.

Ditto. Imagine feeling like that AND having to drive yourself cross-country, unload your gear, set up, play your asses off, load it all back in, drive some more, no sleep, shiity food....not fun.
Here's to everyone getting better and much respect for going as far as you did on the road. You kicked America's ass!

CM needs to step up and get them out of that damn Van and into a bus. Its no wonder they got sick as they did, sucksssssss!!!!Get better soon dudes!!!

Bear