"Into the Woods..."

David Gold

Son of the Darkest Blues
Feb 20, 2004
No hometown, Ontario.
www.woodsofypres.ca
Some of you may have seen 'metal news' a few weeks ago about a female model who apparently listed Katatonia and Porcupine Tree amongst her favorite bands when she appeared in Playboy magazine this past spring. Here's the thread from the Katatonia board: "Katatonia Mentioned in Playboy" http://www.ultimatemetal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=242526

Her name is Carlotta and she occasionally posts on Ultimate Metal forums and has a myspace account. I don't know if any other band in the world also did what we did, but we saw an opportunity here... We contacted her (she is in fact a metal fan and apparently actually knew of us), we sent her a new Woods of Ypres T-shirt, and she was nice enough to send us this photo:

edit6.jpg

Photo by:"Collide Images"

That is all. Enjoy!

I'm fascinated to know what could have possibly gotten her into such obscure metal. Has to be a boyfriend or siblings or something.

David, I think you need to immediately have some WoY thong panties made-up and sent out. They can say "Woods Of Ypres" on the front and on the triangle on the back (ahem, just so it *HAS* to be shown off...) can just have WoY...

Yes.... yes, this is an excellent idea.

Smoof said:
David, I think you need to immediately have some WoY thong panties made-up and sent out. They can say "Woods Of Ypres" on the front and on the triangle on the back (ahem, just so it *HAS* to be shown off...) can just have WoY...
Don't be ridiculous, Smoof. Why would there have to be a triangle in the back at all? :lol:

I might add I initially thought this thread was going to be about the Norwegian band. I'm sure you didn't do that on purpose, David. :cool:

Lionfrost
I might add I initially thought this thread was going to be about the Norwegian band. I'm sure you didn't do that on purpose, David.
The title I used was the next best thing I could think of. The original title I had for this thread was "Hooters in the Woods". I chose not to use it because I decided it was in bad taste. :loco:

I was wondering when this would show up. My husband and I lurk these boards, he posts more than I do. I'm so glad everyone likes the pictures. I've had Woods of Ypres as my music on my myspace, but I get told to change it because it makes my fans want to cut themselves (actually, that was the point, lol). Anyway, that just made me want to put the band back up as my default song.
much grimness
CARLOTTA

PS My husband wants me to add that Woods of Ypres are the sexiest band to ever come out of Canada.

I've had Woods of Ypres as my music on my myspace, but I get told to change it because it makes my fans want to cut themselves (actually, that was the point, lol). Anyway, that just made me want to put the band back up as my default song.
No lie! "A Meeting Place and Time" is playing there right now: http://www.myspace.com/carlottachampagne

Good stuff! Thanks!

:)