Introduce yourself (right on!)

Originally posted by bRaTpRiNcEsS
Thanks, and um...I guess so. :lol:

I'm a little nervous about having a newborn and a toddler but I'm sure I'll be fine. Tired, but fine. Good thing is I have very little to buy except for girl's clothes if I have a girl. I'm not pleased with the current names either, but I don't think he's budging. :mad:

You will certainly be incredibly BUSY ! Good luck to you ! :) :) I could never handle even one child nevermind TWO ! :lol:

Hey there,
My names Russ and I've been a fan since 1984 or so...can't quite remember.. Spreading the Disease is so raw and in your face. It's a classic.
Liked ATL a lot too, but once they started rapping and crap I dropped them (cause they were selling out to me).
Picked up Sound of White Noise just after it came out and was blown away.. Great Great disc!!! Couldn't get into 442 and that tainted me on volume 8.. I think anthrax has some great stuff and some stinky stuff.
Saw the Fight/Anthrax tour was fucking blown away!!! Killer killer killer killer... sad that Spitz is gone *you're missed buddy*.
So my favorites are Spreading the Disease and Sound of White Noise....

rock on!!!
Despiser

Originally posted by bRaTpRiNcEsS
I don't have a cow either. Apartment complexes frown on that. :lol:

My name is Heidi, I live in Phoenix, I'm married and I have a 12 month old son, and I will let the cat out of the bag now: I'm pregnant again. I found out last night and go to the doctor next Thursday. They'll probably need an ultrasound to check my due date because my cycle is off, but it's either Dec 8 or later. It's a little sooner than I was planning, but things like that can happen. :)

I first heard of Anthrax in 88 or so, on HBB, but I didn't think they were the greatest cause their singer was lame. But once they got Bush, they RULED, as so many people have already said.

Wow, I just saw that post! Congradulations Brat! If you have a girl, I'll mail you some newborn clothes that Alivia(my daughter) can't wear anymore. Let me know if you need them! Peace!

AugDawg

Im a newbie to these forums, but......
My name is Justin, Im 16 years old. Anthrax was responsible for my taste in Metal back in 96 when I was only 10, and Anthrax has remained my favourute band for the whole 6 years I've listened to metal. Other bands I favour are Vader, Testament, and Death, who were the main inspiration for starting up my own band "Carnage". But Anthrax remains the best band ever, and Volume 8 is their best CD ever!

My name is Roberto and I live in dirty Jersey. I've been listening to Anthrax since 87. My first Anthrax tape was I'm the Man. I love all there records but if I had to pick it would be ATL, SOE, POT, SOWN, S442, VOL8. I saw them on the Anthrax/Fight tour(1st time), Stomp 442 tour with Life of Agony and Deftones and the tour right before 9-11-01 with Strenth in Numbers (Rap Metal),Send 72(Hardcore/metal) and Pissing Razors(METAL!!!!).

Hi peeps
My names Dave Im 22ish and have been into Anthrax about 7 or 8 years. My cousin let me hear ATL and i was hooked (i was a Dredd nut at the time). A couple of years later SOWN came out and I was beyond hooked. The day the Sunday Mail (scottish rag) announced Anthrax and Clawfinger at the Glasgow Barrowlands i just about had a heart attack.
Ever since I have been a dedicated fan, with SOWN being my favorite album...

....I'm bored. BTW, congrats Brat, I think that is just great. OK. Ty Tatman from Ohio here. I got my BS last year from OU. I stayed in college 6 years Animal House style yo. No really, my program kept changing requirements, and I changed majors, and I got way behind. My degree is in education. I wanted to be a rockstar, but it ain't gonna happen, but this at least gives me a stage. This year, I'm basically a glorified sub. I don't mind in some ways, but in others it sucks. I thought I had a great job lined up for next year, but I just found out that my licensure doesn't cover exactly what they were looking for....it's frustrating but I digress. I like listening to classic rock and good metal. I've got thousands of comics and lots of KISS toys. I'm watching Star Trek right now. I just went for a ten mile bike ride before Star Trek (getting in shape for summer). I play gamecube. I drink Starbucks habitually. My favorite beer is Blue Moon (I saw a Blue Moon neon sign in a bar on the way home the other night, and stopped my truck and immediately went in and investigated) THe lakers rule. I'm looking to marry a hot chick, so if you are a hot chick, e-mail me. I'm a hot male, I even have an account with them. If you want to read about a typical evening with the Tyman, read my Down review. Keep it real.

My name is Brian. I'm from the Alabama Gulf Coast. Right smack in the middle of Mobile, AL and Pensacola, FL. i've been an Anthrax fan for so long I can't remember when it started. But I do know it started with Among the Living. A friend had the album and played it for me, and I loved it. This was in high school and I'm 30 years old now, so it's been a while. My favorite Thrax album is probably Stomp442, although it's hard to pick a favorite. The very first concert I went to was Ozzy's No Rest for the Wicked Tour, with Anthrax opening, I of course was there in support of our favorite NYers. That was 1988. And just recently I had the opportunity to see them again in New Orleans opening for Priest. AWESOME! 14 years later and they rocked harded than ever. I caught three picks and had Scott sign an 8x10 and my prized possession, my Hot Rod Flamed JJ2 guitar.
allsigned400.JPG

I can't wait for the new album. Shit. I may buy two copies.
Later.

Let me introduce myself... I am a social disease! Haha.
Well, my name is Jan, I´m 24 and I live in a country some ouf you might have never heard of. But audience at two Anthrax shows in here have been always very cool. I am a part-time drummer, part-time english teacher, part-time journalist (I write for a music mag), full-time alcoholic and almost no-time college student. And a very big Anthrax fan, of course. Since 1988. I was 10, then.
I keep listening to good music all the time and I can listen to almost every kind of music, from good pop to good death metal. I don´t classify music to genres, it´s only good music and bad music. The only categories.

My real name is Patrick, which is about as un-metal as ya can get...

I'm pushing 30, but still have all my hair. Been listening to Anthrax since 1989 when I saw the video for Who Cares Wins on telly. Bought Spreading the Disease soon after, and then bought everything Thrax-like I could as quick as I could (also did the same thing with Slayer, Metallica and Exodus at the same time...)

I come from a country area in New Zealand, but I've spent the past year teaching English in Jeonju City in South Korea. While I'm giving teaching a go, I'm actually a journalist by trade.

I am Dan. I am married (Peggy), with a 6 month old daughter (Nora), a dog (Ozzy) and a bunny (Spike).

I am 30 years old. My first Anthrax show was on the Public Enemy tour in 91.

I currently reside in beautiful New Jersey and drink a lot of beer.

Hey there hotrodflamedjj2 isn't that the same guitar that Scott Ian uses at times. That is one of the best looking guitars I have ever seen! It's gorgeous!! I don't know much about guitar cause I play drums but what is that guitar like in terms of sound, feel and so on and how much are they??

Originally posted by RINGFINGER
Hey there hotrodflamedjj2 isn't that the same guitar that Scott Ian uses at times. That is one of the best looking guitars I have ever seen! It's gorgeous!! I don't know much about guitar cause I play drums but what is that guitar like in terms of sound, feel and so on and how much are they??
Actually on stage Scott's flamed model is a JJ1, which is a bolt-on neck. Versus mine which is a neck thru body. The JJ2 is the highest end guitar of the JJ series. I wasn't initially looking for this level of guitar but the opportunity arose so I grabbed it.
As far as sound, feel and so forth goes, I don't actually play this guitar because of the signature on it. But I do own three other JJ's. One black Japanese model (JJ4), a gold colored early american model with the different headstock and standard Jackson script writing (JJ) and another black american made late model with the extortion script headstock and dice enlays (JJ1). I mainly play the gold JJ just cause it has a really hot EMG in it, and it sounds great. The necks on all these guitars take a little getting use to though. They have kind of a wierd V shape.
But I do love the Jackson JJ's. I think they look and play great.

How much are those guitars because if you have four guitars all together like you say, you must have quite a bit of money.
Not that it matters really though. So who is your fav guitarist, is it Scott, and if it is Scott what is probably the most intricate guitar song to play by Anthrax. Like which song has killer amounts of technique??
Like I said before I don't know much about guitars but I do know that Scott's guitar playing somehow isn't as good as it used to be. What are your thoughts on this? I think it's just Charlie nowadays that is giving the riffs to Scott to play, this is okay considering that most of the riffs are pretty cool, but I would prefer it if Scott wrote more riffs of his own, after all he is the gutarist of the band and Charlie is supposed to just be playing the drums.

I paid $180 for the early JJ, $275 for the jap model, $450 for the JJ1, and $1200 for the JJ2. All of which were obtained through eBay (God love em).
I appreciate many guitarists, but I only collect Scott's signature guitars. So he definitely is one of my very favorite guitarists.
For the most part any intricate guitar parts you hear on an Anthrax album are not being played by Scott, i.e. the solos. Scott does all the rhythm parts, which are generally written by Charlie.
Personally, I think the guitar has gotten a little slower and lower, from the days of old. Less of a thrash metal feel. More of just metal.
They still write kick ass songs, with kick ass riffs.

Hey Hey everybody!!!!

My name is Eddie...live in the shithole of Boulder,Colorado. Anthrax was one of the 1st metal shows that I ever went to. It was on the Among the Living tour with Metal Church. What a great fucking show. Got to meet both bands and hang out with them for a while. Great memories.

Most of you know me already, but for the record here we go.

My name is August Witzgall(aka AugDawg). I am male, 27 years old that was born in Middletown New York. My parents moved to Wyoming when I was 3, and I was raised there. I became a Anthrax fan in 1986 because I was into Metallica and I saw James Hetfield wearing a Anthrax shirt so I figured they must be heavy, and I purchased "Among the Living". I have been a Anthrax fan ever since. When I was 18 I moved to Seattle Washington, for the big grunge movement where I joined a band that failed to get signed and I returned to Wyoming to finish college when I was 21. I remained in Rock Springs Wyoming until I was 24 and then I moved to Ogden Utah where I entered a tech school and later got a computer sales job in Salt Lake City Utah which is where I am today. Over the past 5 years my interest in Rap music has grown, and about 3 years ago I became AugDawg! The entire time when I was growing up, older people and adults would ask me my name, and when I said August they would reply with "Is that like AuggieDoggie Daddy?", the old cartoon. So really, my rap name has been a nickname for quite awhile and that is why I choose the name AugDawg. However, metal will always run through my veins, especially Anthrax! Out of my four favorite metal bands while I was in high school(Anthrax, Metallica, Megadeth, Slayer), only Anthrax and Slayer have stayed true. Funny thing is that Anthrax is a metal group that likes to rap from time to time. AugDawg is a rapper that likes to listen to metal from time to time. Below I have listed the bands that I have played in!

*played bass guitar

Physcosis-Metal band from 1991-1993*

Uncle Fuzz-Grunge band from 1992-1993*

Illicit Smile-Grunge rock and roll band 1993-1994*

Porchwater-Heavy rock and roll 1995-1999*

AugDawg-Rap/horror core 2000-present

Cerabus-Rap/horror core 2000-present
with two other rappers

**on the AugDawg and Cerabus albums I play keyboards, guitar, bass guitar, samples, drum programming, produce, and ofcourse all vocals(mostly rapping) is done by me.

The moral of this story? It's very hard to find a group of people that you can personally agree with and continue that relationship over time. Honestly, one of best things about rapping is that I do it all on my own, and I don't answer to anybody musically. I couldn't stand all the band arguments anymore!

Cheerz everybody!

AugDawg