Introduce Yourself!

hellsey

New Metal Member
Jan 31, 2005
Hey, this is the thread where you all get a chance to introduce yourselves and let everyone else get to known you better.

I'll start *clears throat*

I'm Chelsey, I live in Regina. I'm 19 years old...
I'm new to this board... I actually was told to come on here by a certain person *looks in T-Bag's general direction*

My fave bands are.....Dirtbred, Slipknot, In Flames, Lamb of God, Scarifier, Sum 41, Killswitch Engage, Atreyu, Stillseed , Theatre of Tragedy, CKY, Strapping Young Lad, Sevendust, Poison the Well, Nightwish, Iron Maiden, Slayer, Pantera (my favorite by far), Bleeding Through, 3 Inches of Blood, Black Label Society, Black Sabbath, Nevermore, Mudvayne, Ministry, Messuggah, The Dillinger Escape Plan, HIM, Extol, Dissection, Kataklysm, Decapitated, Dimmu Borgir, Megadeth, Metallica, Soilwork, Evergrey, Sentenced...
And yeah, I love Into Eternity. That's all I basically can think of saying.

Now post all you fellow metal people.. POST!! :headbang:

Ah what the hey, I may as well give it a shot....

My name is Todd and I come from Sydney, Australia (yes, I.E do have fans down here hehe). I'm 23 and the drummer for Celestial (website addy in my signature).. hard to pinpoint our exact style but we've been called Melodic Thrash in the past

Fav bands..... Blind Guardian, Dew Scented, Into Eternity, Carnal Forge, Death, Meshuggah, Terror 2000, Dungeon, Infernal Method, Earth, Psycroptic, Quo Vadis, S.Y.L, Darkane, Soilwork, In Flames, Iced Earth, Dream Theater, Liquid Tension Experiment, Cryptopsy, Slayer, Megadeth, Metallica, Pantera.... and more I'm forgetting....

I'm a massive geek.... seen LOTR more times then I can remember and I'm basically a walking thesaurus of Family Guy and Futurama quotes!

Hi, I'm Keely. I like metal. And now that Chelsey is on this site im going to bug her.
That is all. \m/

I'm Marlies and a fan and friend since about 3 years. Since a few weeks I can add "webmaster" to the list :)

In short I'm a 41 year young metalhead who also loves webdesign etc. I work part-time at our city hall (clerical job), I'm happily married to Nico (who is a RN), we have a cat called Robin. We're from Holland, but since we were in Canada last fall, I want to live there!!! We have learned a lot about emigrating and Canada in general, but we've postponed any decisions for a few years (we'll probably go back in 2006).

More info, pics, journal etc you can find on our homepage at http://truemetal.org/marlies

I'm not new to UM btw, I've been posting here for several years and I also have the Brainstorm and Morrigan's Pit forums hosted here.

The names Jonah and I absolutely love IE ... I have been Kicking myself since Progpower cause I was late to the show and Missed them ... Other Intrests include Listening to Metal and Playing Metal and thats about it :D

My name is George, I'm from Connecticut in the United States. Just to save time just re-read Celestial-Todd's list of bands and that's roughly what I listen to (you can add some black metal bands too). And also that last line by Todd is true of me too, except get rid of the Lord of The Rings, and also replace Futurama with the Simpsons (older episodes). Nice to see you all here.

name is Dave, i write cd reviews (though i've been slacking like mad) & do news updates on the site in my sig. 21 years old (22 in a couple weeks), love all forms of metal. been an IE fan for awhile, i got a bunch of people into them when they first played here (and tim will remember how different the crowds were. first show was apprx 50, second show was about sold out).

some bands i enjoy a lot: opeth, morbid angel, carcass, death, martyr, quo vadis, neuraxis, kalmah, ensiferum, dark tranquillity, etc. basically anything at all metal.

name: Bryan location: the greater NYC area age: 25 ties to the metal scene: besides posting here and attending concerts, none favorite bands: too many to list, but I gravitate mostly towards progressive rock and metal fan of Into Eternity since: Dead Or Dreaming's release

I'm Meg. I'm 19, turning 20 in April. I'm from Chicago, but I attend Temple University in Philadelphia. Knowing the metal scene is much better on the east coast certainly helped lure me out here. :D

I've been an Into Eternity fan since about the time of Dead or Dreaming's release date thanks to my friend Eric. I saw them live at Progpower last year (and was amazed that most of the band came up to ME and knew who I was
tickled.gif
), and I'm looking forward to catching them on the Amorphis tour.
headbob.gif

Some other favorite bands besides IE: Children of Bodom, Iced Earth, Mercenary, Meshuggah, Nevermore, Opeth, Soilwork, Adagio, Andromeda, Dream Theater, Evergrey, Pain of Salvation, Symphony X and Zero Hour.

I'm a guitarist in training, and some of my favorite guitarists (besides Tim of course ;)) include: Petrucci, Vai, Shawn Lane, Jason Becker, Michael Romeo, Mattias Eklundh, Jasun Tipton, Ron Thal (Bumblefoot).

whats up everyone
Im Phillip from southeast Massachusetts
Im 21
I love all metal, prog, black, death, metalcore, doom, all that good stuff

lately Ive been listening to lots of Vintersorg, hes amazing, wish I got into his music earlier

cant wait to see you guys on tour with Amorphis and Beyond the Embrace :headbang:
Im actually from the same city as BTE

I'm Todd from Regina. I'm 31 and have been close friends and an occasional band mate with Tim since the early-mid 90's. We acctualy met while we were both auditioning for a metallica cover band way back in the day...lol. I am a bass player by trade but the tech/gear side of music is where my true passion lies. I'm also the guitar tech/gear bitch for IE while there here at home.

Bear here, 36 from the San Francisco Bay Area. New Soilwork kicks assssssssssss!!!!!!!!!

Into Eternity needs to tour with them!!!!!!!

Bear

Eh might as well introduce myself.

I'm Travis and I've been a fan of Into Eternity for a few years now. Can't wait to see them on tour.

Uh, I like metal.

Well, I'm Fro, and I'm 20 and live in Winona, Minnesota. It's a couple hours s.e. of the twin cities. I'm into all sorts of good death metal, going to see suffocation and behemoth next week, then morbid angel the week after...brutal!
Drummer Adam is my older bro, and he kicks some serious ass on the skins. I've been dying to see this new lineup for a while now, and i'm totally stoked to see them up in Minneapolis....anyone else going?