Introductions

Greetings! ,,/

I'm new to these forums (but not to forums in general, been hooked on the Guitar Hero forum since March this year). I'm a 17 year old guy from Northern Norway, I've been listening to Amon Amarth for about 1 year and a half year and they are one of my absolute fabourite bands!
Some other favourites are; AC/DC, KISS, Skynyrd (Ronnie Van Zant era), Gorgoroth, Dark Funeral, Candlemass, Mastodon, Týr, King Diamond, Ahab, Jethro Tull and In Flames!

A little about me...well, I love to just sit around and listen to music, play guitar (hero :p) and video games, and I'm planning to become and English and history teacher! :)

Anything else, just ask! :headbang:

Again, new blood :heh: Good for wanting to be a teacher. I tried that. And disliked it immensely but enthusiastic people are desperately needed there.

Hello everyone.:kickass:

I thought to start my first thread in this forum with a one dedicated to our beloved, one and only Amon Amarth.

Gotta tell you guys that I’ve been around the metal scene long enough to see and hear quite a few bands. Not so proudly I have to say that in my teens, I was more attracted by the “cheesy” side of metal; i.e. hard-rock and glam rock. :Smug:
Then from my 20th birthday I’ve started opening up, so to speak. More heavy-metal, more thrash, black and death.
Favourite bands throughout this period were Queensryche, Overkill, Metallica and Sepultura. Until I’ve first heard Amon. THEN, for me, everything else just ceased to exist!

I’ve never before encountered a band that captivated me so thoroughly and so fast! Everything about them is just the…best. Music, off-stage attitude, on-stage presence and their awesome effort to stay true on their path! To stay true to their self-found niche of inspiration (i.e. the viking age). I am simply::OMG:

So, a huge AMEN to Amon Amarth and a huge THANKS for their music!:headbang:

Haha, that's pretty much me up there, except for glam rock thingy, i was more into System of a Down, Dragonforce and that kind of stuff... But yeah, they're pretty awesome!

Similar to me, just happened a few years earlier in my life XD

oh, and not meaning to be a douche, but there's already an introductions thread...

Yes you were NW :p
And I am meaning to sound like a douche...quit picking on the glam rock! I happen to be a fan (of course I would be). I even break out the hair brush, sing into it and play air guitar. I am so epic.

Hey there! I've been lurking this forum for so long but have only just decided to actually make an account haha.
I'm Beth from England and have only really been into Amon Amarth for a few years, but they've been my favourite band since I first heard them. I've seen them twice and I'm seeing them again this Saturday with Ensiferum!
Hope everyone is well.

enjoy the show

Hey there! I've been lurking this forum for so long but have only just decided to actually make an account haha.
I'm Beth from England and have only really been into Amon Amarth for a few years, but they've been my favourite band since I first heard them. I've seen them twice and I'm seeing them again this Saturday with Ensiferum!
Hope everyone is well.

Hi,
I'm reading in this forum more or less regularly since the Bochum gigs (I think) and started writing with the release of Surtur Rising :D
I'm Jörg (or Joerg for our non german members ;) ) from Germany. I listen to Amon Amarth since 2002 where I saw them the first time at the Wacken open air.
Since then I saw them 9 times, including the cologne gig for the DVD, the Summer Breeze gig with the ship and all 4 Bochum nights :)
The next gig is on the 21st of May in Cologne, can't wait to see them again.

My turn I guess... I'm Andrew and I live in Adelaide in Australia. Im 34 nxt month & been an AA fan since 2004.

I'm a debt collector at a law firm and spend my spare time listening to metal and sourcing AA merch, just got 2 AA coffee cups! mmmmmm coffee.

I have a 10yo son who is a mad AA fan too & I'll be taking him to the next aus show, hopefully it's soon & I'll see you Aussies there!