"Invisible" is my favorite Nightingale disc

Dec 16, 2002
www.facebook.com
I've been listening to "Invisible" a lot of late .. it's clearly my favorite Nightingale disc. I think from terrific beginning to excellent finale it is the best Nightingale work to date. I think it flows better than any of the other Nightingale discs, and is incredibly catchy. I also think Dan's singing on here might be his best .. along with White Darkness.

I'm not a regular on the forum so I'm not sure where this one ranks with the diehards. How does it stack up for you guys/gals?

My favroite track is definately .. A Raincheck On My Demise, followed fairly closely by "One Of The Lonely Ones". There are no weak tracks to be found .. all are enjoyable to one degree or another.

Well anyway, thanks just thought I would mention how much I love this disc. :headbang:

...and to Dan ... keep up the good work. :headbang:

Britt

You're not alone on that one!
Every song is great, and for some reason it always puts me in a warm nostalgic mood. Not in the sense that it makes me yearn for something specific, but in a general sort of way, just because it's that good. =)

Edit: oh, and Still Alive, Raincheck, Atlantis, To The End and Misery are my favourites.

Good point ... there is more of an upbeat vibe to "Invisible" than some of the other NG discs. The lyrics still have their share of somber and depressing moments, but there seems to be warmer feel overall when compared to the other discs. I like the darker NG material as well, but there's just something about "Invisible" that makes it stand out to me.

Britt

I love all the Nightingale Albums! Invisible does seem to stick out from the others in a way that is hard to explain. Every song is GREAT! Which I can say about every album... There seems to be a different vibe going on, especially with "Invisible" and "Atlantis Rising". Just listen to Dan's vocals on both of those songs, WOW! How can one forget the bridge that Dag sings in that song as well...... Awesome!:headbang: Great Stuff, cant wait till the new album!

I can't even begin to pick my favourite album. They all contain equal amounts of the greatest things I've ever heard!
Invisible has some real masterpieces. The title-track is perhaps my favourite song by Dag. It has superawesome riffs and Tom is all over it on the drums!
One of the Lonely Ones is also a real gem. The climax when Dags solo kicks in is huuuge. And holy shit what a solo he plays to end it!

I really should have given credit up above to Dag .... both songs I listed as my favorites were songs he wrote, with Dan doing the lyrics. Both of these guys are excellent writers.

Britt

My favorite NG album is Closing Chronicles followed by TBS and I. I'm not a big fan of Invisible as a whole since there are too many songs I don't like (Worlds apart, Misery, Invisible, To the end). On the other hand Atlantis Rising and The Wake are among my favorite NG songs.

Glad you like it guys ( girls ? ) "Invisible" is the only album we played the songs in the rehersalroom many times before the recording and i think that makes it "more live and rocky"
"Stalingrad" is the best song we ever recorded and "Raincheck" is on my top 5 i guess. "The wake" and "To the end" are also greats tracks but i wish we never recorded "Worlds apart". It´s the worst N.G track ever :puke:
I think the lyrics are great and add a new dimenison the the music. I´m not crazy about the "old NG theme in the lyrics". Not bad, but not my style. I like reality
The albums was also recorded/mixed pretty fast and i like that. So far the only album that got a "releaseparty" with all the songs performed live. Most of the songs are great livesongs :headbang:

Glad you like it guys ( girls ? ) "Invisible" is the only album we played the songs in the rehersalroom many times before the recording and i think that makes it "more live and rocky"
"Stalingrad" is the best song we ever recorded and "Raincheck" is on my top 5 i guess. "The wake" and "To the end" are also greats tracks but i wish we never recorded "Worlds apart". It´s the worst N.G track ever :puke:
I think the lyrics are great and add a new dimenison the the music. I´m not crazy about the "old NG theme in the lyrics". Not bad, but not my style. I like reality
The albums was also recorded/mixed pretty fast and i like that. So far the only album that got a "releaseparty" with all the songs performed live. Most of the songs are great livesongs :headbang:

You did ROCK really hard at the realeaseparty at Kellys. Every song I heart there was really good in my opinion, Maybe cause I´m crazy about Nightingale as a whole :headbang:

"The wake" and "To the end" are also greats tracks but i wish we never recorded "Worlds apart". It´s the worst N.G track ever :puke:

I think everyone agrees with you about Worlds Apart. It's not even on my playlist, I try to pretend it doesn't exist on that otherwise magnificent album.

But yeah, I think Invisible is the best Nightingale album, followed by Nightfall Overture. One thing that really stands out in those two albums is the production, and like Dag said, there's a really good "rock" sound to Invisible. I'm actually not a huge fan of White Darkness for this reason; the first two songs are pretty rocky, but for some reason it gets a little bit tame after that, and I need my rock.

I also agree about Worlds apart being a bad song, but it has great lyrics.
I also don't like the titletrack. My fav's are The Wake and Stalingrad on that one.
The sound is really great, yet bassheavy.

edit: I recently listened to the closing chronicles and enjoyed it really much. Great atmosphere

It must be a pretty excellent disc ... almost everyone seems to have a different favorite tune. As mentioned earlier mine are Raincheck, and Lonely Ones, but Stalingrad is a great track too .. should have given it more credit as it seems to me to be one of NG's most epic tracks. I love the key/harpsichord part that has a little Russian feel to it .. that's a nifty addition to that song. I also really like how NG goes all heavy at the end Raincheck ... heavy is a good thing, and I'd like to see NG incorporate a little more of that one their next release.

Agreed on World's Apart being the worst song ... still .. it ain't all bad.

I think my least favorite NG song is To My Inspiration from White Darkness, and that's only because I don't like the Oh Oh Oh part.

Britt (I'm a dude)

Invisible is way up there for me too. "Atlantis Rising" and "Still Alive" are two of my favorite rockers from that long player. In fact "Atlantis Rising" just might be my all time favorite Nightingale song...

I never would have guessed as a young Edge of Sanity fan that Nightingale would eventually turn me into a raving fanboy.

I need centerfolds of Dag and I need them now!

Strike a pose! A hard-rock pose!

Alive Again is my favorite Nightingale album. It's also like my 2nd or 3rd favorite album of all time. I absolutely love every song on there and listen to it from beginning to end every time. Eternal is an absolute masterpiece. The ending of the song brings a tear to my eye.

Invisible is probably my favorite too. The production and Dan's vocals are great. Atlantis Rising was one of the first songs that really got me into Nightingale.

My favourite song of Invisible is 'The Wake'. I think 'Worlds Apart' isn't that bad at all.

If I had to choose a favourite album it would be 'The Closing Chronicles', I really like the vibe of the songs.
:kickass:

My favourite song of Invisible is 'The Wake'. I think 'Worlds Apart' isn't that bad at all.

If I had to choose a favourite album it would be 'The Closing Chronicles', I really like the vibe of the songs.
:kickass:

A "Worlds apart" fan, that´s rare :lol:

TCC is a great album. If i had to choose a favourite that´s the one.
The long songs could be better but what a fuck....:headbang: