iPad V-control pro

Fandus

Aug 13, 2009
So i bought an iPad 2 and V-control pro today. i rate it!

it's really cool that i can go into the tracking room while im alone, record enable the acoustic guitar track, play it. then record enable the vocal track and sing terribly. total control of basic functions in pro tools while away from the desk.

you can even insert and edit plugin parameters, but at that point i feel it's easier to just do it at the pc.

I would only ever recommend it as a way to do basic levels/solo/mute/record/play etc, but as i said earlier, doing all of that while your not even in the control room is just awesome.

fanboy out.

I used to do a lot of session work out of my own recording place, will do again soon. Only problem I always had was I had to have an extra screen in my live room with keyboard and mouse, now this looks really handy!

I'm using ac-7 pro with my iPad 2. It works great with Reaper (and is compatible with any DAW).
As you said, its best use is for arming, muting and leveling tracks and remote playback.

And don't tell me you can move the faders and stuff in the iPad :D :yow:

Of course you can,its just an extra monitor but with touch features. You can control plug-ins and everything but there's a slight lag though thats just enough to bother me. For basic transport functions and some minor level changes here and there its a great app.