Irish Smoking Ban

Dora

Apr 20, 2003
USA
What do you think? Smoking is banned in pubs after midnight...
Is it effective? Does it make sense?
:Smokin:

after midnight? so you can smoke like a turk all evening and then at 00.00: finished! but you can still inhale all the smoke that's left in the room :p
anyway, what's the point of it? what are they trying to achieve?

Bastet said:
after midnight? so you can smoke like a turk all evening and then at 00.00: finished! but you can still inhale all the smoke that's left in the room :p
anyway, what's the point of it? what are they trying to achieve?
i dont smoke but its a load of me bollix. And its not a ban after midnight, its a ban on smoking fullstop from any workplace, which means every public building

basically 30 years after we stopped the catholic church dictating to us how we should behave we have pc fascists doing it instead. Next on the agenda will be banning drinking.:erk: I blame the eu :ill:

Bambi said:
And its not a ban after midnight, its a ban on smoking fullstop from any workplace, which means every public building........
well, that makes more sense than having to put your cigarette out at midnight. anyway, i don't know if it's a possitive thing....
i wonder if you're a really heavy smoker, will this ban keep you out of the pub???

Bambi said:
I blame the eu :ill:
:erk: :ill:

Maybe it'll help people get off them, which can only be a good thing, me finks.

But then again I dont smoke, it must be pretty annoyin if you like a few smokes. I personally dont mind people smokin round me at all, but its only fair on the the young lounge staff i reckon...dunno...although a pub is a pub is a pub is a pub, u know... but the poor lounge staff,........its a tough one.

Argh, that's taking it a bit too far, smokers need to be responsble though, never understood how someone can bring themselves to smoke around a majority of non-smokers, lack of respect, really.

its gonna be rough on the old guys....
DSC06983.JPG