New smoking ban in Madison..

xfer said:
Oh, you're mixing up two conversations. I had been referring DIRECTLY to Nazis and I'm speaking of the Zundel Holocaust-denying trial. But I stand by my French Nazi thing, too, and I am opposed to the US government taking similar steps (requiring immigrant-neighbourhood shop signs to be in giant english letters, for example).
I am not mixing up conversations although you never actually wrote Nazi that time, I did.

I was referring to the growing hispanic "problem" :)

2/3 -> 1/3 just so you know. Also note that in immigrant neighborhoods the law is basically not enforced. Take a walk in China town here and you'll see what I mean. Also note that I don't agree with the big fuss some made about "Second Cup" (its like a Starbucks) and the like because those are basically brand names and having the law enforced there is just dumb.

Speaking of losing business, that's what bar owners are worried about. See, the campus bars will be fine. The students will still pack those. But the other more townie bars will lose business to the surrounding suburbs that are less than a 10 minute drive away cuz it's only Madison that it's banned in. Not the surrounding suburbs.

Cambridge is essentially a part of Boston but technically its own town, for those of you out of the loop. so it's convenient to get to. the other "indie" suburb of Boston is Brookline, and it banned smoking BEFORE Boston (and lost some business itself, i believe)

areamap.jpg

We played in Cambridge, and let me say, it was so nice to actually play a show in a non-smoking club, and not have to breath the shit in from the people at the front of the stage who blow it in you face as your already taking larger then normal breaths while singing. It was wonderful, and I'd be happy to play more shows like that!