iRiver appreciate thread

iRivers.
Fucking.
ROCK!!!

I do however have practical advice for those of you wishing to get the best from your iPlods:

1. Throw it in a bin.
2. Buy an iRiver.

I hope that was helpful. Should you need any more advice on how to get the best from your iPlod I am only too willing to help.

Bought the H340 about 4 months ago and love it to bits.

Is there a better way to play the Iriver through the car cd player then using a fm transmitter?

Hanso said:
Is there a better way to play the Iriver through the car cd player then using a fm transmitter?
Two ways:
  1. Cassette adapter
  2. Line in
If your car player doesn't support either, you're SOL (unless you don't mind major hacking, but that's another story).

Yeah, thought those were the only other options. They were talking about blue tooth and line in ports on new cd faces so i guess i will have to wait for that.

KoichCPA said:
What is a good fm transmitter for my h320, if there is any?
Can't really think of any. Avoid Belkin, though -- they sound just as shitty as the rest, but are horribly overpriced. I've always felt most of your money goes into funding the over-wrought packaging, not the gadget itself.

Look for one that uses AA (not AAA) batteries, or a car adapter if it fits your bill.

FM transmitters suck :yuk:

i upgraded to 1.25K. i've been watching family guy ripped from a dvd all week on the train to and from work :headbang: 9 episodes = 500MB no noticeble lag or frame dropping. i got voltron dvd's for christmas so once i've finished watching all the family guy i'll rip the three voltron dvd's and get going on them

i've got my sony tape convertor which sits in my car all the time, my iriver sits in my drink holder. i wouldn't go near any FM transmitter, except this http://www1.jaycar.com.au/productVi...d2=&pageNumber=&priceMin=&priceMax=&SUBCATID= i don't know how it is powered but

KoichCPA said:
What is a good fm transmitter for my h320, if there is any?

I have a Belkin tunecast fm transmitter it takes AAA and they only last about 10-15 hours so your better off to go with rechargable batteries.
The sound quality differs depending on how old your batteries are (older they get the more static comes through) and also on your car radio. My g/f's car seems to pick up the radio signal alot stronger then in my commodore.
It's still better then nothing!

My car sterio doesn't have a line in, and I can't use the cassette one because I have no cassette player.

It seems sorta wasted if I can't use it in my car.

Excellent choice, Koichi. Where did you get it from, and for how much? Looks far better than that shitty Belkin transmitter my friend has. Everyone, avoid Belkin at all costs! Overpriced crap where most of the money has gone into the packaging.

KoichCPA said:
You buy this one then, and piss him off with its awesomeness.
If only I had seen your post before I saw that special on RAM and bought another 512 MB stick ;) Ah well, it can wait -- he's pissed off with everything as it is :)