Iriver Questions !!!

Hanso

Apr 24, 2001
Geelong
Visit site
Yep,had my Iriver for over a year and still no shit!! A couple of questions.....

Buying new ear phones tomorrow, what brand do you guys recommend??

Have the latest firmware on my iriver but still seems to play tracks in the same order all the time when on random. Is there a better unofficial firmware or another way to fix this??

What equaliser setting do you play your music on??

And finally how big is your penis ????

The best ear phones (the little bud ones) I've found were the ones that came with my Creative.. they're comfortable and have a great tone.

iRiver still havn't released a firmware upgrade that gives a proper 'random' option.
The best firmware is the Korean version as it lets you play vid's. 1.28k?

I've got my own user equaliser setting.. I don't really enjoy any of the presets.

http://www.misticriver.net/boards/index.php?
Great site..

Sydo said:
iRiver still havn't released a firmware upgrade that gives a proper 'random' option.

A bit ridiculous, methinks....iTunes have the same freakin' problem.... Shuffle will shuffle em in the same order, and this new "party shuffle" crap which is supposed to be completely random doesn't seem to be.... How do the developers these days NOT have a true random function?! You wouldn't think it would be so difficult!!

All depends on how you set your seed! They're obviously using the same one every time. Which, in actual fact, may be fair enough, not being familiar with the hardware and all...

Spiff said:
I only have 992mb left of my 40 gig iriver :( That's OK though, I don't listen to probably 60% of the stuff that's on there.

I'm the same dude.. It's annoying too. I have the thing on 'shuffle all' while driving and spend more time skipping through all the shit than I do listening to songs. I've really got to go through it and delete all the rubbish that I don't care for.

Sydo said:
The best ear phones (the little bud ones) I've found were the ones that came with my Creative.. they're comfortable and have a great tone.

The best firmware is the Korean version as it lets you play vid's. 1.28k?

I've got my own user equaliser setting.. I don't really enjoy any of the presets.

http://www.misticriver.net/boards/index.php?
Great site..

I actually have been using my g/f's zen creative ear phones and was thinking of buying them for the iriver.
I have been to misticiriver before and it is a great site.Helped me out alot when I was trying to play videos.
I do the same when driving, spend more time skipping past songs then listening to them......sorta dangerous too cause I always look down at the screen as I'm doing it.
Thanks for your help !

I use the Sony Fontopia EX70's, which are no longer available, although they were replaced with the 71's which are almost the same (and almost as good). I find them very comfortable to wear, and more importantly they sound good, although to get the best out of them you could do with hooking them up to a hi-fi for a couple of days to break them in, warms 'em up a bit. One thing to bear in mind is that they are very bassy, which suits me but isn't to everyones taste. However this is a contentious issue with many iRiver owners - a popular choice amongst the iRiver clan is the Shure E2c's. These are a pricier option which I might try when my beloved Sony's kick the bucket, but bass response is not as great which puts me off.

Of course if you are not looking for earbuds, none of that was at all useful. :)

There was an article in the paper on Thursday about piracy, and how any user of an mp3 player in Australia is breaking copyright laws. This means that at least the hundreds of thousands of iPod users in Australia are breaking laws.

I liked that article. I hate piracy, and I hate shit like iPod advertisements that basically encourage it.

For sure, but the problem here is greater than ever before. Even cd burning wasn't a real big deal until mp3 exchanging came along. Burners weren't mainstream for over ten years after cds were.

In this case, the technology to pirate came first, then the attempt to stop it is too little too late. The abusers are driving the industries they love into the ground and they barely know it, or care. This is fucked.

Of course, the fact that people are now spending their money on DVDs, the big labels have massively downsized in the last 2 or 3 years *despite* posting higher profits, and that this year they've released 60% less content than previous years, the fact that they massively overstate the problem and have recently admitted that people borrowing and burning their friends physical CDs results in bigger losses than downloading, and (in Australia at least) are actively trying to *block* legitimate download sites, and are trying to raise the prices of downloaded content overseas to the point where it cost more to download an album rather than buy a physical copy has nothing to do with it?

Sweet, innocent Blitz, who has never listened to an MP3 in his life...

As I said, it seems too little too late.

The standard cd price should be $15, not $30. That would be a good start.

I download many mp3s, which in more cases leeds to me buying albums I otherwise wouldn't buy. Do I own burnt copies or full albums on mp3 that I desire? No.
The only time in which I have done that was in the couple of months leeding up to my trip overseas, so I could hear a lot of the bands' material that I wasn't familiar with. Since then, I have already started buying copies of the stuff I downloaded to get my head around, and will have those replaced in no time.

Yeah, sorry. I was tired and I got a bit fired up.

I just took exception to your point about filesharers bankrupting the industry, when that's a complete load of bollocks.

Legal/moral? No.
Having an effect? Yes.
As big as "they" say? No.
Possibly even a positive effect? Yes.

Stop downloading then, go back to the old days of blindly buying albums, hell for me thats what I still do. Don't piss and moan unless your gonna activly participate in the scaremongering or whatever dude. I ain't against downloading stuff, it's the best way to spread music around like tape trading did in the 80's, I am just to fucking lazy to bother

phlogiston said:
the fact that they massively overstate the problem and have recently admitted that people borrowing and burning their friends physical CDs results in bigger losses than downloading, and (in Australia at least)

hypnotized.gif
That's nuts, given the hype about illegal mp3 downloading.............. it's probably easier to target mp3 downloading as opposed to borrowing CDs (borrowing CDs seems more innocent). Either way, they're fighting a losing battle by trying to block all the downloading...

I agree about reducing the price of CDs.... look at the popularity of cheap CD stores... People will buy CDs, make the price a little more reasonable, especially since it's either $30 or free for a customer..........