Votes: 13 46.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Tough As Steel

a.k.a. Aussie Dave
Feb 12, 2002
Canberra
Visit site
Okay, i know this sort of thing has been done to death on the IMBB, but i dont care about what those goons think. I hope this has not been done here recently.

I want to work out the most popular Maiden studio albums according to the fine people who post on this board. I have excluded the live ones, because they are a different beast, and LaD is unbeatable, so there is little contest.

Vote for your fave 6 albums, out of the 12. There is only 10 days to vote, so don't miss out.

Albums that make the top 6, will go into a playoff round, for which i am yet to work any sort of formula.... :D

Lets, hope i don't discover any of these albums exceeded recording budget, otherwise they might have to be kicked out of the comp (yes, i am a broken-hearted bulldogs fan).

:lol:

Nice try Spiff, :D sorry, i am a die-hard doggies fan and will never barrack for any other team, especially not the warriors. No offence.

I am well over it though, its just fun to make jokes of it.

I was listening to Somewhere In Time during a nice Sunday drive with my girl.. and it was very enjoyable. :)

What do you mean, "especially not the Warriors"? Is it because they're one of three sides that actually beat the Bulldogs this year?

I chose;
Iron Maiden
Number Of The Beast
Piece Of Mind
Seventh Son
Fear Of The Dark
The X Factor.

I'm slowing going off The X Factor though.. It's almost beginning to bore me now :cry:

Spiff - cos' they're from NZ. Don't get me wrong they play good footy, and i ain't got no problem with Kiwi's - i know a few who are great people....but if the dogs are out (which they are) and the kiwi's are playing a side in the GF, i will barrack the Aussie side before i cheer for the NZ Warriors. Although, if it's the BRONCO's i may reconsider.... ;)

Imagine how good the Bulldogs would be if there were no Kiwis in the team! No Vagana, no Talau, no Utai, no Mason (the traitor!! :mad: )... any I'm forgetting?

And The Number Of The Beast holds it's lead in front of a strong pack with Piece Of Mind and Somewhere In Time breathing down its neck. The debut album, Powerslave and Seventh Son round out the top 6 so far...

Exactly Spiff....maybe they should be the NZ Bulldogs! :lol: there are a few good'uns coming up through the lower grades too, Asotasi, and that other foward off the bench....Paul Rauhihi (who is now going to the cowboys).

The Bulldogs came very close to converting Jonah Lomu a few years back...... :eek:

There's always a story about Lomu converting to league, and nothing ever happens :) He was actually a league junior (same with some other All Black whose name I can't remember... Tama Umaga or something?).

The Number Of The Beast
Piece Of Mind
Powerslave
Somewhere In Time
Seventh Son Of A Seventh Son
No Prayer For The Dying

Probably in that order too, stranglely... although Piece Of Mind is often my fave. Sometimes Number Of The Beast is, I can never choose.

The Number Of The Beast
Piece Of Mind
Powerslave
Somewhere In Time
Seventh Son Of A Seventh Son
Brave New World

You a Dragons fan, Joe? I certainly am!