IRON MAIDEN in Irvine, CA....don't miss this tour!!

Chris Lotesto

Uncle Fester
Aug 6, 2004
www.ionvein.com
I had the chance to get out to LA last weekend to catch the
Maiden shows with my good buddy, Nick, from Redemption and
his good buddy, Gordon, and HOLY SHIT am I glad I went...the
band is absolutely ON FIRE, I'm still blown away!!

First of all, Irvine Meadows (now Verizon Amphitheater) is probably
one of the best places to catch a show which was a huge reason
I wanted to make the trek out.....it's like a cross between Poplar
Creek (for those that remember) and Alpine Valley....the vibe there
was absolutely amazing! Friday we were right behind the sound
board....got to see Rod Smallwood approvingly enjoying the show
which was fucking cool....but Saturday was THEE day....pit tickets
and a perfect evening....sold out (Friday was just shy) and about
70 degrees....

I've seen Maiden many times, a few times right up front, but reliving
my first show ever (Powerslave '84), 20 ft from the stage with the
band playing and sounding better than ever (ignoring Jannick of course)
was absolutely the treat of a lifetime....without a doubt the best
gig I've ever been to...so, if you have any doubts about seeing this
next Wed. in Chicago (or anywhere else for that matter), quickly
erase them and get the hell out to the show....the setlist is great,
the production is great, the playing is great and Bruce sounds as
good as I've ever heard him!!! :kickass::headbang:

Some pics from Sat:
0531082142.jpg

0531082206.jpg

0531082210.jpg

0531082231.jpg

0531082227.jpg

Setlist:

01. Aces High
02. 2 Minutes to Midnight
03. Revelations
04. The Trooper
05. Wasted Years
06. The Number of the Beast
07. Can I Play With Madness?
08. Rime of the Ancient Mariner
09. Powerslave
10. Heaven Can Wait
11. Run to the Hills
12. Fear of the Dark
13. Iron Maiden
-------------------------
14. Moonchild
15. The Clairvoyant
16. Hallowed Be Thy Name

Hey Chris.....how did he sound on "Rime of the Ancient Mariner"? That's my absolute favorite song off Powerslave:kickass:......He still got it? Or is his age showing? I know when I saw them in '84 he kicked a$$:headbang:.....just wondering...

Hey Chris.....how did he sound on "Rime of the Ancient Mariner"? That's my absolute favorite song off Powerslave:kickass:......He still got it? Or is his age showing? I know when I saw them in '84 he kicked a$$:headbang:.....just wondering...

Hey Annie....he sounded awesome...ON EVERYTHING....from start to finish,
I just couldn't believe how dead on he was....and the energy...forget it, he
and Harris still run around like they did 20 years ago!!

Glad you had a good time, a Maiden live show is always an experience. I can't wait for the Chicago and New York shows. I'm so glad these guys are still doing this after 30+ yrs.

Wow! Thanks for sharing Chris! Sounds and looks like it was a phenomenal time. I will be in attendance next Wednesday and am really looking forward to it. I'm a live Maiden virgin. :oops:

I can't wait for you to see Maiden. :)

I'm going next Wednesday, too!

Ha...in my concert calendar, I put the date down as 7/11, not 6/11. So I totally thought this wasn't happening for another month...I was wondering why I got an email from my brother last night about the Seattle show already! :loco:

I've got a pit ticket, since I wouldn't have gone to this show if I had to be in a chair. Was it a lot of work to get where you were Chris? Because that looks pretty darn close, and I would be more than thrilled with a similar spot.

Neil

I've got a pit ticket, since I wouldn't have gone to this show if I had to be in a chair.

After all the hours logged standing on my feet at the Pearl Room in the last month (3 nights of Powerfest, Candlemass, Nightwish), I plan on taking full advantage of my chair! Perhaps not during Maiden, but certainly at all other times!

Ken the Old

I've got a pit ticket, since I wouldn't have gone to this show if I had to be in a chair. Was it a lot of work to get where you were Chris? Because that looks pretty darn close, and I would be more than thrilled with a similar spot.
Neil

it's different at Irvine....it's all elevated seating except for a pit in front of the
stage which they limited (thankfully) to probably 200 or so on Sat....it will
be a lot more work here since the entire floor is GA....good luck!

Neil

At the Mexico City show the attendance was 55,000 people and I managed to get 20 ft from the stage before Maiden came on, once the first song started that distance was cut in half.
I don't know, maybe it's easy for me to push people out of the way. You know, cause I'm cool like that. :cool: