iron maiden or metallica

Even though I dont like Metallica.... I can't stand That old '80s cheesey metal any more, I listened to it then but I am totally done with it.
So I guess I dislike Metallica less.

Maiden's stage show is incredible too. The man is running back and forth, up and down, and he still hits every note perfect.

Thrillho said:
Maiden's stage show is incredible too. The man is running back and forth, up and down, and he still hits every note perfect.
Yeah... I saw them in '87. I have to say it was a good show.

DumbAss said:
Even though I dont like Metallica.... I can't stand That old '80s cheesey metal any more, I listened to it then but I am totally done with it.
So I guess I dislike Metallica less.

For one Maiden is far from Cheesy. Secondly you are an Anthrax fan why? Joey sounds 100 times more 'cheesy' than does bruce dickinson with his yells and screams. But thats what make it all the better. To me cheesy is all that garbage that is out right now with power chords and terrible vocals

mutantllama said:
i like metallica better but after the black album they suk and they got a haircut which is un metal like

Um, have you seen the latest pic's of Anthrax ?? Their hair is a little shorter than the 80's....

the january issue of metal edge with system of a down on the front cover. this magazine has a a website and with a metal forum hyper link.

this person by the name of willy wonka says that maiden sucks. then this clueless fuck thinks that maiden is overrated... GOES ON AND SAYS WHY HE HATES IRON MAIDEN.. nah u silly fuck it has always been METALLICA...u got it the other way around...IRON MAIDEN had always kept their music at a street level. what that means is that they stay true to their fans...i'm included..

IRON MAIDEN HAS ALWAYS SUPPORTED METAL AND STILL DO UP TO THIS DAY. METALLICA's DRUMMER LARZ ONES SAID ON A LIVE INTERVIEW THAT METAL IS DEAD...DEAD what the fuck does he mean..
is his band lying now or before that they have nothing to do with the metal movement in the 80's and beyond c'mon for fuck sake. the first four albums were alright but then after that it all has been downhill for metallica. MR OR MRS WILLY WONKA GET YOUR SHIT STRAIGHT AND TO BE HONEST..IT IS KIND OF RARE THAT YOU HEAR PEOPLE HATE MAIDEN LIKE U..

MAIDEN ALL THE WAY...

ironmaidenfan09 said:
Letz--aaa not-aaa forgetaa howaa terribleaa Jamesaa hasaa become-aaa yeaaaaaa

Dude, that was a funny post! :lol:

A don't quite agree with you on the Metallica/Maiden thing tho. But hey, it was still a pretty funny post.

As far as the "staying real" thing goes I don't think that expanding your sound and developing neccesarily are bad things. Although I got into Metallica by listening to their old stuff and still love those records to this day I also enjoy listening to their newer stuff (studio outputs that is - I hate S&M). I do find it a tad boring listening to the same new record over and over again from a band that doesn't develop. Most DM bands like Deicide and Morbid Angel bore me to death (no pun...) because they release the same shit everytime.
As far as Maiden goes I respect them for what they do and I enjoy listening to their records, but in my opinion they do get a little boring sometimes. But hey, don't kill me for saying that, I still love 'em... And yes, their stage show is yet unmatched! (Can you say that? I'm danish...)

/Niels K
www.nielsk.dk

mutantllama said:
i like metallica better but after the black album they suk and they got a haircut which is un metal like

What are you, the fucking fashion Police? Last time I checked you didn't have to conform to stereotypes to be a metal fan.

Oh, and Maiden, by a long chalk.

ironmaidenfan09 said:
For one Maiden is far from Cheesy. Secondly you are an Anthrax fan why? Joey sounds 100 times more 'cheesy' than does bruce dickinson with his yells and screams. But thats what make it all the better. To me cheesy is all that garbage that is out right now with power chords and terrible vocals
Yeah... yer right. The Joey stuff is sometimes cheesey. It's not so much Iron Maiden that I think is cheesey. It's the 80's Metal Genre. I just can't listen to it anymore. That's all. Maiden was cool, to me, back then.

LORD_GALVATRON said:
Could you please not reply to me anymore unless you remove your lips from iron maidens' collective ass. You're embarrassing yourself.

It´s very un-metal not having ones lips on Harris and co. asses. :Spin:

I personally prefer Maiden.

Maiden is a must for every metal fan
Metallica`s first 4 album are so..

I`ll go with Metallica `coz I like thrash much more than power metal. But I love singing maiden`s stuff!

i only really like one maiden song and thats "holy smoke" which everyone tells me is their worst song, so i clearly just dont get it :) for me metallica by a mile, but thats not to slate maiden, stacks o respect for them, just not my bag.... jannick gers kills tho.......and they are amazing live too. defo a proper metal band....flying the colours too ;) \m/

Up the Irons! Maiden all the way. The only Metallica album I think is decent is AJFA, except for ONE. That one has been played out way too much IMO, but that's just me.

Tough call.

Maiden 80-88 all strong albums. Very consistent. Killers and Piece of Mind are brilliant

Metallica 83-88 all strong albums. I'd take MOP and Justice over Killers and POM though.

I can't say I'm crazy about either past 88. They're both way past their prime in terms of writing new material. They're essentially both just live acts.

As for Maiden, post-88, Fear of the Dark and No Prayer are dull as was the Blaze era. And as much as I liked Dance of Death on the first few listens, they just didnt' take any real chances with that album.

I'll give the post-88 edge slightly to Metallica. I like Load and about half of St. Anger. I think they did something different with those albums.

Really in 2005, I think they are both nostalgia acts, maybe more so Maiden because of the fact they only played songs from their 1st 4 albums.

I rather listen to the last Meshuggah album than either at the moment.....