iron maiden or metallica

is this even a contest? Iron Maiden in a landslide. Metallica aren't even close... they had 4 good (some great) albums but Maiden are the very best!

And Eddie will kill anyone who disagrees!

THRAXSA - good to see you on here again!

ZeeZooZum said:
Tough call.

Maiden 80-88 all strong albums. Very consistent. Killers and Piece of Mind are brilliant

Metallica 83-88 all strong albums. I'd take MOP and Justice over Killers and POM though.

I can't say I'm crazy about either past 88. They're both way past their prime in terms of writing new material. They're essentially both just live acts.

As for Maiden, post-88, Fear of the Dark and No Prayer are dull as was the Blaze era. And as much as I liked Dance of Death on the first few listens, they just didnt' take any real chances with that album.

I'll give the post-88 edge slightly to Metallica. I like Load and about half of St. Anger. I think they did something different with those albums.

Really in 2005, I think they are both nostalgia acts, maybe more so Maiden because of the fact they only played songs from their 1st 4 albums.

I rather listen to the last Meshuggah album than either at the moment.....

I know everyone has their own opinion but yours is truley shite, since maiden became a 6 piece with bruce back on vocals they have went from strength to strength and claiming maiden are more of a nostalgia act than metallica is pish, when they did the brave new world tour in uk they played about half the album and the same with dance of death, then after releasing early days dvd, which contained footage and interviews about the first four albums they decided to do a tour with it, to give the younger fans like myself a chance to see the classic songs. Metallica are the ones who should have called it a day years ago producing the story excuse for a metal album, after claiming that st anger was going to be back to their roots album, moneygrabbing bastards is the only way to describe them, i was lucky enough to see them at download 2004 and lars was ill so they had dave lombardo and joey (slipknot drummer) playing all the classic songs which saved me from listening to their new pish.

UP THE IRONS, MAIDEN ALL THE WAY :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang:

Talent = Iron Maiden- How so?
Credibility = Iron Maiden- with the older gen of metal fans.
Over all sound = Iron Maiden- how? They never updated anything, every album sounds the same they even have the same damned guitars and drums from 1979!
Live stage show = Iron Maiden- ok, got me on that one.
Originality = Iron Maiden- don't see how. Metallica has been credited with starting the metal revolution in America and being the "first" band that played that fast to really make an impact. And most importantly, they had Cliff. That name alone makes their sound from 80-86 original.

And I too would and DO listen to the new Meshuggah album. But, if you want heavy, it doesnt get a whole lot heavier or louder than Hatebreed. They are my new "Metallica."

To me Iron Maiden has never made a bad album and true they are a different genre of metal than Metallica so this thread doesn't realy prove much. I could see maybe Judas Priest or Maiden. Also I think Steve Harris is an amazing bass player and song writer one of the best.

I agree that these two bands are a world apart.

ie, Metallica sucks, and Maiden does not.

So yeah, I pick Maiden.

Seriously though, these bands really don't "compare" to eachother in many ways.

Although Maiden has more cred, and is still awesome, I would probably have to go metallica.

My only reasoning is just because I can put on "kill em all" through "Justice" and never hit the skip button. While I would a few times for Maidens for that same era.

So for historys sake:Metallica
If they both dropped an album tomorrow I'd buy: Maiden

Metallica - Kill Em All, Lightning, Puppets , Garage, and Justice are enough to make Metallica legends.. The Black abum was pretty good but since then they have evolved into a totally different band. I won't even go see them now because James even ruins the classics by singing liek a douche...

Maiden - I think they have some good stuff. They are just so 80's and cheesy though. I know alot of people like them but they just aren't my thing. I finally saw them at Ozzfest lat summer and thought it would be cool. They ended up being so damn cheesy.

Metallica