Iron Maiden reemed at Ozzfest

lizard said:
marennad6.jpg

:lol: :lol: :lol:

:headbang:

lurch70 said:
but she is also right about MAIDEN getting the most publictiy they got in the US in ... oh ... maybe 20 years.

:lol:

What the fuck are you talking about??! :tickled:

20 years ago was 1985. Does this even need further explanation? Ever heard of "Live After Death"????? "Somewhere on Tour"? "Seventh Tour of a Seventh Tour"????? :Spin:

Iron Maiden sell out entire stadiums...I thought you even went to the "Give me Ed 'till I'm Dead" tour recently, a tour playing at the same venues as OzzFest? Also, didn't they sell out Madison Square Gardens in a matter of minutes on the Brave New World tour?

This is unless of course you're only referring to the 5 year period with Blaze....

Either way, even offering a response to Sharon thinking that she's doing Maiden a favour by getting them more publicity is just lame, lame, lame. :lol: If people buy this argument, then they're missing the WHOLE POINT of Maiden. The fans will always arrive in their legions, just as they left in their legions when Sharon pulled the egg-throwing stunt. (My goat, just think about what an infant she is....). It's embarrasing that she's even a part of the metal community.

Either way, I do agree that Bruce knew what he was getting into, it's not as if OzzFest hides the fact that it's a corporate whorehouse. Interestingly enough, on the night I saw them, he didn't say a single derogatory word about OzzFest or whatever. And even if he had, I would have cheered him on.

At the end of the day, the people that got hurt out of this were the fans at San Bernardino. No matter the case, Sharon is so far removed from reality, she didn't even take this into account. And I honestly think she got a rude awakening to see more than half the audience leave after Maiden were done, after she was booed off stage.

"This is Iron fucking Maiden, and this is the British flag. These coloUrs do not run. Death before dishonoUr." My goat, even the mishmash quotes give me wood. :loco:

last i went in there, somebody had started a thread like "the best and worst moments in metal" and for the best moments the popular choices were when certain musicians died or certain bands broke up.

if you hate life so much that you're glad when other people suffer, just kill yourself.

One Inch Man said:
last i went in there, somebody had started a thread like "the best and worst moments in metal" and for the best moments the popular choices were when certain musicians died or certain bands broke up.

if you hate life so much that you're glad when other people suffer, just kill yourself.

Same ol' same ol' then.

As Iraq was better off with Saddam, the metal world was better off with the nu-Metal fad because then at least that lot stayed on their side of the fence.

SHARON OSBOURNE Says She Orchestrated Egg-Throwing: My Daughter And I 'Had A Blast' - Aug. 30, 2005

Sharon Osbourne spoke exclusively to Kerrang! magazine (web site) last week regading IRON MAIDEN's final performance on this year's Ozzfest tour, during which she cut MAIDEN's power and arranged to have the band pelted with eggs and debris from the crowd. A couple of excerpts from the interview follow:

Kerrang!: Reading between the lines of [IRON MAIDEN manager] Rod Smallwood's statement, the unspoken suggestion is that you orchestrated this whole thing...

Sharon Osbourne: "Of course I did. I had the PA turned on and off. And look, it's not hard for someone to walk into a diehard Ozzfest crowd and say, 'Who wants to throw an egg at a rock star?' Who wouldn't wanna do that? I went out and bought 50 eggs and me and my daughter had a fucking blast. C'mon, it's rock 'n' roll. No-one died. They'll be waiting a long fucking time for an apology from me."

Kerrang!: The most astonishing thing about all this is that the metal world has always had such camaraderie, such a "one for all, all for one" attitude...

Sharon Osbourne: "It has, right? But for some reason Bruce Dickinson [IRON MAIDEN singer] seemed to view it as a battle of the bands. He'd stand up on that stage and say that this wasn't the Ozzfest anymore, it was MAIDEN-fest. How fucking disrespectful is that? He's got such an '80s mentality. He's up there saying, 'Fuck MTV and fuck radio and you wouldn't catch IRON MAIDEN doing a reality show' and it's like, 'Hang on, you're a shareholder in Sanctuary, which is one of the biggest corporations in the music business.' He's never said a word about SABBATH either, only Ozzy, so it's personal. We've had 220 bands play this tour over the last 10 years and I've never felt the need to egg anyone."

Kerrang!: Up to this point you’re being painted as the "Wicked Witch" here, Sharon...

Sharon Osbourne: "I'm as nice as can be to people until they fuck with me and my family. I've always said that. I'm surprised that after everything that's been reported about how protective I am of my husband that anyone would even be shocked by this."

Kerrang!: Saying things like this could make this run and run...

Sharon Osbourne: "Not for me. We have Ozzfest shows to do so I'm not thinking about this anymore. Bruce Dickhead doesn't exist to me anymore."

Sharon Osbourne's entire interview with Kerrang! can be found in the magazine's latest issue, out on the stands tomorrow (August 31).

(Thanks: Kerrang!)

ok

She's a loser. People, stop buying these fucking repackaged Ozzy retrospectives and boxsets and Black Sabbath blah, blah, blah.

I wish Wendy Dio would kick that cunt's ass and Ronnie would take over, at least he can still make it on stage by himself and can still move the stage and carry a fuckin tune!

Sharon is such a child, Bruce should just fight fire with fire. He only needs to make one press release about this whole event:

"Sharon Osbourne is fat".