Iron Maiden set list 4/17/11 Tampa

Looks like a damn good show. Iron Maiden's one of those bands that needs the "extended set" format like Amon Amarth. I've never seen them live, and if they did a tour where I could hear 20-30 songs, it would be even better. But for what it's worth, this is a great mix of old and new.

Yes, they played for over 2 hours. Some of those songs are very long. "When The Wild Wind Blows" is an 11 minute song itself. I was up front on the floor for both the Sunrise and Tampa shows. One thing I noticed was that every band member wore the exact same clothes both nights, I'm sure it means they recorded both nights to combine the best into a live video or something. There's no way that was a coincidence. Anyway, I took some awesome photos, here are a few of my favorites:

5634929100_bd76b9dc66_d.jpg

5634928296_823362734d_d.jpg

5634927572_9650487ae2_d.jpg

Looks like a damn good show. Iron Maiden's one of those bands that needs the "extended set" format like Amon Amarth. I've never seen them live, and if they did a tour where I could hear 20-30 songs, it would be even better. But for what it's worth, this is a great mix of old and new.

Was this a one-off performance? I haven't seen anything on other dates here in the US.

Anyway, I took some awesome photos, here are a few of my favorites:

Very good shots.

And yeah, the setlist doesn't look bad. For me personally, definitely not worth travelling for, so I'm glad that question's settled as I kept wondering haha.

anyone care to comment on black tides performance? I am not familiar with them, but it does seem odd that some random really young-membered-band gets to open for a band like maiden.

Aaron and Bryan went. Said it was fantastic.. I really wish I could have gone.

LOL thats what i heard.

What was the problem with Black Tide? I mean, I know they're young and all, but their first album Light From Above was quality traditional metal IMO, that should appeal to Iron Maiden fans. The guys can play if I rely on that album. I heard they were changing style quite a bit for their upcoming album, so if they played lots of new stuff, maybe that was the problem?

Great show overall. I liked the setlist better from last years. The band sounded tight as ever and the crowd was into it even though they played a lot of newer material. I think they could have dropped 'Where the wild wind blows' myself. Don't really care for that song and would have liked to hear two different songs or SSOSS.

One thing that kind of shocked from my seat on the side of the stage was that one of the roadies was playing keyboards for many of the songs. Kind of odd they would need that with three guitarists on stage??? It's better then pumping them in, but still strange they would need them.

Black Tide sounded OK. The songs from the first album sounded pretty good. The new stuff sucked. They didn't play 'Shockwave'? That is the song that broke them. I don't understand that move for a newer band.

Great show overall. I liked the setlist better from last years. The band sounded tight as ever and the crowd was into it even though they played a lot of newer material. I think they could have dropped 'Where the wild wind blows' myself. Don't really care for that song and would have liked to hear two different songs or SSOSS.

One thing that kind of shocked from my seat on the side of the stage was that one of the roadies was playing keyboards for many of the songs. Kind of odd they would need that with three guitarists on stage??? It's better then pumping them in, but still strange they would need them.

Black Tide sounded OK. The songs from the first album sounded pretty good. The new stuff sucked. They didn't play 'Shockwave'? That is the song that broke them. I don't understand that move for a newer band.

That was Michael Kenney playing keyboards offstage. He is credited in the tour book. I guess they figured that there are already too many people onstage to put him out there.

Black Tide, man I hate to be negative toward any band, because they did try. People told me they cut all their hair off and changed their sound to more of a nu-metal approach recently. They honestly did nothing for me, and I couldn't stand the singer at all. They were a little cocky in Sunrise, but toned it back in Tampa and just played their set. I didn't boo them, but the crowd at both shows was getting restless and a lot of boos were being shouted their way. To their credit, they continued and finished their set. I have no idea what songs they played, as I had never even heard of them before this past weekend. I can't imagine trying to open for Iron Maiden, pretty much impossible to live up to their standards, but Black Tide is not the band that should have been given this privilege.

The band was great...played their ass's off with the energy of 20 year old kids.....impressive. The stage design however from a viewing perspective SUCKED 100%!
Niko' kit tucked away in some 3 sided box and barely off the floor was the worst design ever! We had first section lower level seats and with this terrribly designed
staging we didn't see half the show unless the band was either on the catwalk or at the very front of the stage....We were pissed! And our friends sitting 1/3 of
the way back said exactly the same thing. We spent 80% of the show watching the big-screens over our left shoulder....and we supposedly had some
of the best seats in the house....NOT! There were alot of happy yet pissed off fans after this show, and we could hear them all complaining about it as we
exited the venue!

I can't imagine trying to open for Iron Maiden, pretty much impossible to live up to their standards, but Black Tide is not the band that should have been given this privilege.

Well, Blackguard were probably busy......................

Yeah, opening for Maiden can make or break you.
What would you say it did for BULLET FOR MY VALENTINE, other than make them a despised name amongst traditional metalheads. The same now will hold true for BLACK TIDE.

Well, Blackguard were probably busy......................

Yeah, opening for Maiden can make or break you.
What would you say it did for BULLET FOR MY VALENTINE, other than make them a despised name amongst traditional metalheads. The same now will hold true for BLACK TIDE.

Yeah, BFMV got way too much exposure too soon. I remember when working at FYE and there was a Metal Hammer with the cover saying that they were going to be the next big British metal band, in the same way Maiden and Priest were. IT sickened me. :puke:

metal-hammer-magazine--large-msg-119672883054.jpg

I mean, seriously?

Black Tide is not the band that should have been given this privilege.

This.

I did not see them nor am I familiar with their music. I just heard plenty of people that thought it was a joke and that they were terrible.

I just have an uber feeling they know someone that knows someone. Granted a lot of how you get your 'breaks' has to do with that, but really? I mean that seems like a slot for an established band. I mean like look a the opening bands track record from Iron Maiden, can we honestly say black tide is on the same level as those bands?