Iron Maiden Tour setlist predictions

Nov 12, 2002
www.metalasylum.net
Cant wait for this tour. this is what i am hoping for:

I think its safe to say the following are a given.
Number of the Beast
Run to the Hills
The Trooper
Hallowed Be Thy Name
2 Minutes to Midnight
Evil that Men Do
Iron Maiden

then...
Aces High
Powerslave
Ancient Mariner or Seventh Son
Heaven Can Wait
Stranger in a Strange Land
Wasted Years
Killers
Flight of Icarus
Revelations
Murders in the Rue Morgue
Phantom of the Opera
Prowler
Moonchild

Predictions and thoughts?

I'll just be happy when they post the U.S. dates. Hopefully, they will make either Atlanta or Charlotte. Greenville, SC would be too much to ask :lol:

Based on what I've read, it will be predominately older material, which will be good since I haven't seen them since about 1987. Still, their new cd is pretty good.

I don't really think that there will be tunes from before 1984. Isn't it supposed to be only Powerslave, Live After Death, Somewhere in Time, and Seventh Son of a Seventh Son? Even though I don't really know how a live album counts here. My only reasoning is because of the DVD release of Live After Death. I believe they are doing these special tours in blocks of four albums at a time. They already did the first four albums on the Ozzfest tour here I think and I know they did that in Europe for the first four albums.

There was something posted online that basically told the setlist. Some guy was answering questions, and one of the questions was "What will the band play?" and he claimed he wasn't going to answer it, but then had a good chunk of text with song titles worked into it. It was a creative way to do it.

Found it..

"Following Bruce's various hints from on stage this last year about our plans for 2008 ("We are taking some time off to build some pyramids!"), fans have been pestering me for details of the tour and especially asking which songs from that era will be played. That may be as easy as a run in the hills but we will keep our aces close to our chest on this issue. I know it would only take a couple of minutes but at this stage of planning, I'd have to be clairvoyant to know what they will do. I'm sure though it will be no revelation for you that we intend to make up for those wasted years by visiting a large number of hallowed metal venues around the world. Historically 'Powerslave' was an incredibly important album for the band and it would be madness if we didn't give the fans a taste of the full on Iron Maiden show from that time. With our jumbo there really is no rime nor reason why the band cannot now visit fans almost everywhere as many have been real troopers to have waited this long. Heaven only knows what the band will choose but if l could and did tell you now l would have to shoot you! You'll all have to be patient and see. But it will be spectacular. No fear!!"

So, that should answer the question.

Could be wrong on a couple of these. But this is what I gather from that:

Run to the Hills
Aces High
2 Minutes to Midnight
The Clairvoyant
Revelations
Wasted Years
Hallowed Be Thy Name
Powerslave
Can I Play with Madness
Iron Maiden
Caught Somewhere in Time
Rime of the Ancient Mariner
The Trooper
Loneliness of the Long Distance Runner
Heaven Can Wait
Afraid to Shoot Strangers
Sea of Madness
Fear of the Dark

As AWESOME as Aces High is as an opener, I can also imagine how cool Caught Somewhere in Time would be as an opener.

So is there going to be a bigger tour than the few dates that are released yet? As of now, a good friend of mine and I are seriously thinking about paying 3 times the ticket price online for Maiden tickets and driving up to Jersey for the March 14 show. Should we not do this in lieu of a bigger tour that's planned? Is the tour around the same time? It seems so very weird for these dates to be announced and not others if they are hitting more venues...

I think there will be some more US dates in May and June. Here is what the Maiden site says: The second leg of the Tour will take place mid May to mid June with further concerts in North America, followed by the third leg European Tour, extensively covering most of Europe in Stadiums and major Festivals.

Could be wrong on a couple of these. But this is what I gather from that:

Run to the Hills
Aces High
2 Minutes to Midnight
The Clairvoyant
Revelations
Wasted Years
Hallowed Be Thy Name
Powerslave
Can I Play with Madness
Iron Maiden
Caught Somewhere in Time
Rime of the Ancient Mariner
The Trooper
Loneliness of the Long Distance Runner
Heaven Can Wait
Afraid to Shoot Strangers
Sea of Madness
Fear of the Dark

Is this a wild guess? Wish list? How could you possibly know what songs they will play on this tour? I am sure they will shake it up a bit throughout the tour too.

Is this a wild guess? Wish list? How could you possibly know what songs they will play on this tour? I am sure they will shake it up a bit throughout the tour too.
Read this again.
"Following Bruce's various hints from on stage this last year about our plans for 2008 ("We are taking some time off to build some pyramids!"), fans have been pestering me for details of the tour and especially asking which songs from that era will be played. That may be as easy as a run in the hills but we will keep our aces close to our chest on this issue. I know it would only take a couple of minutes but at this stage of planning, I'd have to be clairvoyant to know what they will do. I'm sure though it will be no revelation for you that we intend to make up for those wasted years by visiting a large number of hallowed metal venues around the world. Historically 'Powerslave' was an incredibly important album for the band and it would be madness if we didn't give the fans a taste of the full on Iron Maiden show from that time. With our jumbo there really is no rime nor reason why the band cannot now visit fans almost everywhere as many have been real troopers to have waited this long. Heaven only knows what the band will choose but if l could and did tell you now l would have to shoot you! You'll all have to be patient and see. But it will be spectacular. No fear!!"

The Lonliness of the Long Distance Runner would be my top choice.

I'm a big mushy IM fanboy almost to the point of idiocy. I think this is the only song I hope they don't play. Come on? I've heard cheesy lyrics, but this song just defies reality. Maybe it's just because I'm long distance runner myself, but.... no, it's way too silly anyway.