Iron Maiden 2008 setlist

I agree with you. I thought that the material was supposed to be from "Powerslave"-on. What's with the "Piece Of Mind" material?

And big surprise once again, no rare, un-played bones thrown to the harcores. Just a bunch of stuff that they've done already.:puke:

My favorite band of all time has become a total unimaginative joke with no respect to the fans that got them to the point they're at.

Fucking jagoffs.

Dude, part of that era was Live After Death. Compare the tracklisting of the album to this setlist. It's incredibly similar in length and songs - aside from the inclusion of the Somewhere in Time & Seventh Son songs. I think it's pretty damn cool that they structured the setlist to be reminiscent of LAD, along with the stage show to go with it. Not to mention, promoting the upcoming release of the LAD dvd.

I don't see how Rime of the Ancient Mariner can be considered a common setlist staple, since they haven't played it regularly for 22 years.

Revelations, Wasted Years, Heaven Can Wait, Moonchild, and Aces High aren't played on every tour. So that's a nice chunk of the set for not-so-frequently played songs.

Dude, part of that era was Live After Death. Compare the tracklisting of the album to this setlist. It's incredibly similar in length and songs...

Yeah, how ironic it is that they're releasing Live After Death on DVD pretty soon. Making the setlist almost the same seems a really good way to move some more DVD units to me.:err:

I don't see how Rime of the Ancient Mariner can be considered a common setlist staple, since they haven't played it regularly for 22 years.

I don't think that I referred to that song in particular as a setlist staple. It's a great song. But it's also been done on the "Powerslave" and SIT tours. Not to mention if you have LAD on CD or VHS, it's been battered into any old school fan's head a thousand times by now. Since "Alexander The Great" has never been played live before, it would be needed infinitely more.

Revelations, Wasted Years, Heaven Can Wait, Moonchild, and Aces High aren't played on every tour. So that's a nice chunk of the set for not-so-frequently played songs.

With respect to your opinion, I really don't see how those are 'not-so-frequently played songs'. The only one that really qualifies would be Moonchild. All the others have been played countless times since they were unleashed new.

And again, I thought this tour was supposed to focus on Powerslave through Seventh Son (or No Prayer...?) I'm sorry, but I really feel that aside from maybe two songs, that this set is (once again) a case of just playing the same ol' beaten-to-death "classics". Wow, I sure am going to thrown down $70+ just to hear "2 Minutes to Midnight", "Hallowed Be Thy Name", "Iron Maiden", "Fear Of The Dark", "Run To The Hills" and a couple others that are ever-so-slightly less beaten to death.

They could have done so much better with a setlist.

Fuck that noise.

I have been an Iron Maiden fan for 20 years this year, my first concert being the Seventh Son Tour in 1988. Since then I have been to half-a-dozen shows over the years. There is only one song on this list that I haven't seen live, Rime of the Ancient Mariner. Another rarity I must say is Moonchild which I haven't seen in literally 20 years. The rest are good but typical. I am somewhat disappointed by the setlist. Will still go to the show however as they are still good songs. I was expecting them to dig in deeper in their material as they had done in the first Early Days tour (Iron Maiden to Piece of Mind albums). What's up with all the Number of the Beast and Piece of Mind tunes? They are classics but were played on the last Early Days tour... Would have liked to have heard a few more like The Duellist, Flash of the Blade, Caught Somewhere in Time, Alexander the Great, Infinite Dreams, Seventh Son of a Seventh Son... and even a few twists like The Prophecy or Deja Vu or even Losfer Words to give Bruce a break lol... Oh well, will still go to the show and I am sure it will be good but am a bit disappointed...

from what i'm hearing, a full US tour isn't gonna happen....which
sucks ass, i hope that changes!

From a recent Rod Smallwood tour blog ( http://www.maidennorway.com/ ):
"Went back to bar for a while after and ended out talking with Bruce and Sam about various stuff including what support we could be looking at for the North America May - June tour. Its really not so easy but it was helpful to hear from the the two of them as they are both up to speed more than I am on younger bands, Bruce from his radio rock show and Sam cos he's an obsessive metal fan!! Won't mention any names at this stage though but it is hard to find a band that suits everyone. "

From a recent Rod Smallwood tour blog ( http://www.maidennorway.com/ ):
"Went back to bar for a while after and ended out talking with Bruce and Sam about various stuff including what support we could be looking at for the North America May - June tour. Its really not so easy but it was helpful to hear from the the two of them as they are both up to speed more than I am on younger bands, Bruce from his radio rock show and Sam cos he's an obsessive metal fan!! Won't mention any names at this stage though but it is hard to find a band that suits everyone. "

cool, thanks for posting! that's what i thought they said from the start but
heard some conflicting stuff and since they still haven't announced dates,
i figured it was time to start believing it. :kickass:

Ive been to a few maiden shows, including twice for the last tour, in barcelona and in london, im in LA right now and im not gonna go see them because im done with it.
We;ve heard 2 Minutes to midnight enough times already. Same with Trooper, same with most of the songs on their new set lists.
Im not even going to talk about the miserable set list they pulled for their last album tour, its a shame to say the least. How many times do we have to endure Hallowed be they name, Fear of the Dark and Run to the Hills???
They're supposed to re-visit their old albums, so where is Infinite Dreams? where is Back in the Village, Still Life, To Tame a Land, Die with your boots on, and freaking ALexander the Great, all classics ... which we'll apparently never ever see live again.

You want to see a good set-list? RUSH ...2007/2008 TOUR.
Don't know if any of you know RUsh or are even fans, but that's how you do a real set-list. Like Maiden used to do way back when.

:puke:

They're supposed to re-visit their old albums, so where is Infinite Dreams? where is Back in the Village, Still Life, To Tame a Land, Die with your boots on, and freaking ALexander the Great, all classics ... which we'll apparently never ever see live again.

As I stated earlier in this thread, they just released Live After Death on DVD, and this tour is to promote the release. If you look at their setlist, it closely resembles the Live After Death setlist, though some songs are removed in favor of the Seventh Son/Somewhere in Time songs.

Personally, I think this is an obvious similarity and it makes sense to me. They're celebrating the re-release of what fans consider to be their most classic release with a set and stage-show reminiscent of the album. I don't see why everyone is all up in arms because they're not playing boring album tracks from some of those discs (Back in the Village? Ugh).

Steve Harris has made it abundantly clear in the past 10-15 years that he feels there are only 4 good songs on Powerslave (Aces, Two Minutes, Powerslave, Rime). That's why you never see any of the other songs - he doesn't like them.

Not sure if anyone saw this yet:
According to a posting on IRON MAIDEN's official web site, U.S. fans should look for an announcement "coming later tonight" (Tuesday, February 19) — presumably containing additional dates for the North American leg of the band's Somewhere Back In Time - World Tour '08.