Spoiler - Iron Maiden setlist

ElectricWiz

Steal Your Face
Feb 18, 2003
Visit site
Don't look if you don't want to know. Here's the setlist from the first date of the Somewhere Back In Time tour...

01. Intro - Churchill's Speech
02. Aces High
03. 2 Minutes to Midnight
04. Revelations
05. The Trooper
06. Wasted Years
07. The Number of the Beast
08. Run to the Hills
09. Rime of the Ancient Mariner
10. Powerslave
11. Heaven Can Wait
12. Can I Play With Madness?
13. Fear of the Dark
14. Iron Maiden
-----------------------------
15. Moonchild
16. The Clairvoyant
17. Hallowed Be Thy Name

Good list. Not amazing, but good.

Don't look if you don't want to know. Here's the setlist from the first date of the Somewhere Back In Time tour...

02. Aces High
03. 2 Minutes to Midnight
04. Revelations
05. The Trooper
06. Wasted Years
07. The Number of the Beast
08. Run to the Hills
09. Rime of the Ancient Mariner
10. Powerslave
11. Heaven Can Wait
12. Can I Play With Madness?
13. Fear of the Dark
14. Iron Maiden
-----------------------------
15. Moonchild
16. The Clairvoyant
17. Hallowed Be Thy Name

Good list. Not amazing, but good.

Looks like I'd rather wait for a DVD than seeing them live...
They should drop "Fear of the Dark" and while their at it leave Janick
at the airport...
It would have been nice to see a longer set with obscure Maiden tracks...

Wow...that remarkably unimpressive. SIT is grossly under-represented. And NOTHING from Killers? WTF?!?!?!

And if this is a celebration of the 80s, why the hell is FOTD still there? That song is in dire need of a rest...as are half of these numbers.

Well, at least Powerslave and Rime are there.:headbang:

Lazy setlist. Wish they would have dug a little deeper. Even though I like all of these songs, nothing screamed (for me Long Beach!!!) out telling me I HAD to see this show. I hope they mix in some surprises as the tour continues.

Yeah, I was wondering at FOTD too. Very strange. I'm certain they stated at some point that they'd only be pulling from the first seven albums. Hmmm.
I like the stuff from Seventh Son though. I'd trade Sea of Madness or the title track from SIT for Wasted Years, though that is a good song.

But yeah, meh, generally speaking. Not a bad setlist, but a bit same 'ol-ish considering the occasion.

Oh man, talk about disappointment... As soon as I've read that they won't concentrate solely on Powerslave-SIT-SSOTSS era, I knew there would be too many worn out hits from the previous four albums... :erk:
I don't understand how they don't get tired already of the same songs for the last 20+ years?!

02. Aces High

I bet a friend that will be the opener here, I was ure about it :D

13. Fear of the Dark

That's not from the albums they claim the tour is about but HELL it works for me :headbang:

I like the setlist if it will be the same here is a winner, I will only change 'The Clairvoyant' for some other song 'The Evil that Men Do' or 'Only The Good Die Young' work better from SSOASS, or I will put 'Purgatory' or 'Back In The Village'...oh well :cool:

Yeah, I was wondering at FOTD too. Very strange. I'm certain they stated at some point that they'd only be pulling from the first seven albums. Hmmm.
I like the stuff from Seventh Son though. I'd trade Sea of Madness or the title track from SIT for Wasted Years, though that is a good song.

But yeah, meh, generally speaking. Not a bad setlist, but a bit same 'ol-ish considering the occasion.

Why the fark is Caught Somehwere in Time not in there, considering the tour title? They should be opening the show with it or at the very least play it somewhere?!

I've never seen them live so the rest of the set list works for me, even FoTD even though it shouldnt really be there, Id rather hear Killers or Duellists. My two cents.

Bruce sounds good in that footage. He's been singing particularly well the last few years. I remember well him hitting the high notes on Run To The Hills at Ozzfest, and I really don't think he's done that for a long time.

As someone who's never seen them live before and not a HUGE fan, that is exactly the set I'd want to see. Obviously it's not a set for the diehards, but as a casual fan that set really peaked my interest.

I'd much rather see that set then the set for the 2006 album.

Like ElectricWiz said, good list but not amazing. Can't say I'm disappointed but considering the potential this is a bit of a downer. But it's still 16 classic Iron Maiden songs so what the hell have I to complain about.
Hopefully they'll at least shuffle things up a bit when they hit Europe (CSIT! Alexander! Infinite Dreams!). Wasn't this their first concert ever in India or something so maybe they went for a best-of set because of that. Just speculating...

But hey: Moonchild! :worship:notworthy:worship:

Like ElectricWiz said, good list but not amazing. Can't say I'm disappointed but considering the potential this is a bit of a downer. But it's still 16 classic Iron Maiden songs so what the hell have I to complain about.
Hopefully they'll at least shuffle things up a bit when they hit Europe (CSIT! Alexander! Infinite Dreams!). Wasn't this their first concert ever in India or something so maybe they went for a best-of set because of that. Just speculating...

But hey: Moonchild! :worship:notworthy:worship:

Pretty much agree with that but its gonna hurt if CSiT doesnt get featured...

As someone who's never seen them live before and not a HUGE fan, that is exactly the set I'd want to see. Obviously it's not a set for the diehards, but as a casual fan that set really peaked my interest.

I'd much rather see that set then the set for the 2006 album.

Exactly my thoughts. I will miss material form all albums between 1980-1988 undoubtedly, but I can't expect a 6 h show. Since I have never seen them live and probably I will never be again this setlist will do for me.

NP: Gaskin - Don't Talk About Love

Only real "surprise" on there to me was Moonchild, but I can't complain considering the limited dates they are doing. This will be my 10th time seeing them, including 5 times between Powerslave and NPFTD. I missed the FOTD tour. I wish they would drop FOTD too as it's not a fav of mine...

I do not expect them to change much. It's not their way...especially with a production like this being choreographed and all...

SIT is so under-appreciated. I believe the lack of material from this gem on this tour and more so on past tours, is probably the fact that it is technically some of thier best stuff and is now hard for them to play live these days, just guessing? The fact that Janick is still around lessens the chance for them to concentrate more on SIT material, etc. Janick seems like a cool but wacky dude, wish they would just say bye to him.

and "Moonchild" from 7th, has to be one of thier best tunes ever. Very underated.

Yeah, SIT is definitely a top 3 Maiden album for me. On the SIT tour, at least here in the States, they only played 4 of the 8 songs...the title track, Wasted Years, Heaven Can Wait, and Stranger in a Strange Land.

On the SIT tour, at least here in the States, they only played 4 of the 8 songs...the title track, Wasted Years, Heaven Can Wait, and Stranger in a Strange Land.

Too bad they didn't have todays practice of playing an entire album back then... The difference would be huge, considering the fact that SIT is top notch and DOD/AMOLAD suck beyond belief :D

The difference would be huge, considering the fact that SIT is top notch and DOD/AMOLAD suck beyond belief :D

Amen!

I will miss a lot material from "Killers" and "Somewhere In Time" (I went to sleep yesterday with it).
Still if that's the setlist for here I'll go happily.