...but what if Iron Maiden were taking requests?

Flash Of The Blade is awesome, and part of my reason for not wanting them to play pre-NOTB material is because the tour should serve some other purpose than pure nostalgia and because I regard those albums as being among their weakest...of course, if they did play Phantom or Purgatory or Remember Tomorrow, I would be headbanging with everyone else.

I too slag Yawnick... and "Sanctuary" is the worst Maiden song. Blech!

The only pre-Bruce song I'd like to hear would be the lush and totally un-Maidenish "Purgatory".

So what's wrong with Paul Di'Anno? I think he fits the timeframe just right - post London punk era and all that.

Wait 'till you read my review of their debut. I'll make all you young 'uns believers yet. :)

ProgMetalFan said:
I too slag Yawnick... and "Sanctuary" is the worst Maiden song. Blech!

The only pre-Bruce song I'd like to hear would be the lush and totally un-Maidenish "Purgatory".

Slaggers of Yawnick (lol) unite! ;)

I still love "Phantoms..." from the early days...

Papa Josh said:
well actually, Bruce adopted him... geez, what a shitty parent, abandon your kid for years, leave him out there to find his own way and then come back years later..

:loco:

Yeah, pity the step dad abused him in Bruce's absence. And the uncle was a knob too. What kind of family tree is this anyway? :lol:

"My mother was a queen, my dad I've never seen, I was never meant to be...", hehe.

:headbang:

Papa Josh said:
Perhaps the lyrics of 2AM are appropriate for this family...

Ironic because that's what Gers should be thinking about everynight he goes to bed...

"Life seems so pathetic wish I could leave it all behind
This canvas chair, this bed, these walls that fall in on my mind
Hold on for something better
That just drags you through the dirt
Do you just let go or carry on and try to take the hurt"

Although he'd never land a better gig than this. Fucking cuckoo, that's what he is.

JayKeeley said:
Ironic because that's what Gers should be thinking about everynight he goes to bed...

"Life seems so pathetic wish I could leave it all behind
This canvas chair, this bed, these walls that fall in on my mind
Hold on for something better
That just drags you through the dirt
Do you just let go or carry on and try to take the hurt"

Although he'd never land a better gig than this. Fucking cuckoo, that's what he is.

Dude he can't even land on stage, he damn near falls off stage, I keep waiting to read that he broke his hip or something...

Then again., you gotta be in shape to play with Maiden. :headbang:

Since I never posted in this thread, here's the greatest Maiden setlist that could ever happen: :)

Set 1:
Invaders
Aces High
Can I Play With Madness
Phantom Of The Opera
Charlotte The Harlot--->
22 Acacia Avenue
Children Of The Damned
The Clansman
The Ghost Of Navigators
Purgatory
Rime Of The Ancient Mariner