Iron Maiden set list

stephen-intense

Official Master Basser
Aug 29, 2004
Apparently the set list for the 'Somewhere back in time - world tour '08' tour is;

01. Intro - Churchill's Speech
02. Aces High
03. 2 Minutes to Midnight
04. Revelations
05. The Trooper
06. Wasted Years
07. The Number of the Beast
08. Run to the Hills
09. Rime of the Ancient Mariner
10. Powerslave
11. Heaven Can Wait
12. Can I Play With Madness?
13. Fear of the Dark
14. Iron Maiden
-----------------------------
15. Moonchild
16. The Clairvoyant
17. Hallowed Be Thy Name

Not so sure what 'fear of the dark' is doing in there, but still looks good. Although i think it would have been nice if they had chucked in a lesser known song or two like 'flash of the blade' or 'sea of madness' or something instead of the well worn 'number of the beast' or 'the trooper', but i understand there would prob be a riot if they didn't play certain songs!

That is a good solo, but i think my favourite Smith solo on that album (poss one of his best solo's ever?) has to be 'stranger in a strange land':headbang:

Cool setlist...

Not sure if I'm going to Twickers yet though; lot of dosh for possibly not a great seat / standing position. And I guess the bonus of being an old git is that I saw them 'Somewhere on Tour' in 1986 anyway where they played even more stuff off 'Somewhere In Time' and utterly blew my brains out... :)

(Stranger In a Strange Land solo is the f'ken bolox, no mistaking.)

Cool setlist...

Not sure if I'm going to Twickers yet though; lot of dosh for possibly not a great seat / standing position. And I guess the bonus of being an old git is that I saw them 'Somewhere on Tour' in 1986 anyway where they played even more stuff off 'Somewhere In Time' and utterly blew my brains out... :)

(Stranger In a Strange Land solo is the f'ken bolox, no mistaking.)
I'm now extremely jealous. Surely you'll be at Wacken anyway?

Looking forward to tomorrow!! :headbang:

Saw them last week at Graspop, and apart from some backdrop problems, they sure put on a great show!

Tomorrow should be something special :headbang:

Awesoem show! That's how to play a stadium. Give people exaclty what they want - greatest hits, and lots of IM all-round goodness. Superb.

Avenged... went down pretty badly I heard (I was outside queing for merch).

Of the three times i've seen maiden on this tour, Graspop, Twickenham and Wacken. I thought Wacken was the best of the lot. The whole atmosphere of the festival was just amazing, plus the festival organizers handled the amount of people really well i thought. Could have been a complete nightmare! Bruce's rant at the camera man after '2 min to mid' was hilarious 'Oi, park it you fat c*&t!' :lol:

We wasn't right at the front, but a little further up than half way, if you get what i mean, there was a group of us all singing, and we'd had one or two drinks by the time maiden came on....;) Only thing that did piss me off during Maiden was the crowd surfers. Other than that i thoughly enjoyed it. Mind you we was quite far back at Twickenham and didn't really feel so much of an atmosphere. Plus i didn't think the sound was too great there either.

Carcass were awesome :headbang::headbang: I've always regretted not seeing them last time around, something always came up whenever they played and i always missed them. They even played just up the road from where i live, in Ilford (island) on the heartwork tour and i still missed them! I did see them as Blackstar though, although it wasn't the same. Really sad to see the way Ken Owen is now, but the rest of the band were fantastic at wacken, the main reason i went wacken was to see them, keep thinking something else would come up and i'd miss them again! The crowd seamed alittle slow to get into it, but i was just sooo happy to finaly see them it didn't bother me, i was in my own little happy world!!

Yes, that really annnoyed me when she came on during 'incarnated solvent abuse', had no right to be there!! I've never been a fan of her vocals. I didn't mind some of the earlier Arch Enemy stuff, with the guy still singing, Black Earth and Stigmata were pretty good albums. But, excuse the pun, they lost their bollocks when she joined!! :lol: Nothing against women doing death vocals, last time i saw Sinister they had a girl growler, and she could give some of the male singers i know a run for their money!

I think 'corporeal jigsore quandary' , 'exhume to consume' (jeff walker; 'this is for anyone over 30' :lol:) and 'heartwork' were hightlights for me at Wacken.