Maiden set list - SPOILERS

I watched "The Talisman" on YouTube - there are some great videos where they've just filmed the big screens so you get the cutting and stuff. Damn, that song looks like a lot of work for Bruce.

Here tis:

Last edited by a moderator:
I wish Bruce would lose the beanie, I dunno why, but it annoys me.

And it does seem he is pushing it a bit in places doesn't it, dunno that it will stay in the set for the full tour if it is taking a toll though

He did comment on how it requires more concentration than most songs at the Melb show.

Ghost of the Navigator has one of the best intros Maiden has ever done. The first few minutes up to the initial chorus are amazing.

Apparently Smallwood has said that 2012 will see them do another history tour, covering Maiden England and Donnington 92, so who knows what songs from SIT, SSOASS, NPFTD and FOTD we could see pop up.

I asked the manager blokes that the other day, they made it clear that Steve is in charge of the setlist and what he says goes, so who knows. I would doubt it though, if anything the setlist they did for the sideshows was more of a festival type setlist than I was expecting, with classics mixed in.

He did comment on how it requires more concentration than most songs at the Melb show.

Ghost of the Navigator has one of the best intros Maiden has ever done. The first few minutes up to the initial chorus are amazing.

Apparently Smallwood has said that 2012 will see them do another history tour, covering Maiden England and Donnington 92, so who knows what songs from SIT, SSOASS, NPFTD and FOTD we could see pop up.

This is the clip that refers to the next tour. There's also a '20 questions with Rod' thingy that says the same thing.

http://te-in.facebook.com/topic.php?uid=2204349561&topic=10215

From about the 6.00 minute mark from memory is where it starts on that youtube clip. Rod also confirms in it that the setlist is Steve's baby. I've read numerous stories throughout the years in regards to what will and wont ever get played. One example is the boys trying to convince Steve to play Flight of Icarus but he refuses to due the fact that in his opinion in ruins the flow of the show.

What those comments about the next tour EXACTLY mean has been argued ad naseum on the main board. People are interpreting his comments to mean different things.

Last edited by a moderator: