Iron Maiden

Patric

Nov 1, 2001
Disneyland
How's it going for 'Maiden? I personally like the old stuff, one of the few bands of that type that I really like. Then again, I guess every other metalhead thinks they're all cheesy and cliché...am I right?

Fuck no they're great.
Probably the most inspirational metal band out there.
Blow Sabbath out of the boat.

They're only cliche because other bands have copied their style. I absolutely love Iron Maiden. "7th son..." is definitely one of my all time favourite albums, as is "Powerslave." Truly timeless music ...

Originally posted by Ordeith
They're only cliche because other bands have copied their style. I absolutely love Iron Maiden. "7th son..." is definitely one of my all time favourite albums, as is "Powerslave." Truly timeless music ...

7th is my fave too.

Originally posted by Patric
Do you mean in the way that they were NWOBHM or did they inspire certain bands/ genres?

They inspired... i take that back... they started hm as we know it.

Iron maiden has trully changed my life. Everything I do now is somehow connected to the first time I heard Maiden, and everybody who is somebody in metal will tell you the same thing. I don't think that there will ever be another metal band that will be as significant to metal as Iron Maiden.

For as much as I like Iron Maiden on an instrumental basis, Bruce's Vocals grate on me. I figured I'd be able to get used to them, but so far I've had no luck. I can hardly sit through an entire album of theirs because of it. It's totally headache inducing for me.

Im into death metal
I dont respect Maiden, nor do i like their stuff it just dont quite makes it for me plus i can barely pass by the vocals....It just dual guitars simplistic riffs under verse fast blues solos to me i cant put it all togheter....then again i cant really get into heavy metal and barely get into any powermetal at all if its not rhapsody...go figure...

Originally posted by Evisceratrix
raise hell!
blasting iron maiden kept me awake and alive the other night on the five hour drive alone back from progpower 2001!

:devil:

Oh yeah, progpower.... I forgot about that.... Maiden rules. Always have, always will and that's all I have to say about that.
Oh one more thing. What the fuck are you doing in Tennessee? How can a girl that has an Opeth tatoo, listens to Cannibal Corpse, loves maiden and was at progpower have possibly been raised in Tennessee? It's beyond me...

up the irons

eddie's gonna get ya

mindmunch.gif

Originally posted by Despot

What the fuck are you doing in Tennessee? How can a girl that has an Opeth tatoo, listens to Cannibal Corpse, loves maiden and was at progpower have possibly been raised in Tennessee? It's beyond me...

:p im an alien!