Irreplaceable singers...

Nils Patrick Johansson - Wuthering Heights

While I enjoy the first two albums, Nils vocals are the perfect fit with the music and would be very difficult to replace.

Singer's are only irreplacable in people's minds...
Right. That's the point. As I said, this is not a question of whether or not a band is still viable. If you read Cheiron's comment, when does a singer become so important, that you'd rather go see the singer with four no-name musicians, than the actual band with a different singer.

Right. That's the point. As I said, this is not a question of whether or not a band is still viable. If you read Cheiron's comment, when does a singer become so important, that you'd rather go see the singer with four no-name musicians, than the actual band with a different singer.

Not quite the right scenario and almost on point but this is kind of like asking would you rather see Angra or Andre Matos right? :devil:

I'll add these too for fun:

Ted Leonard/Enchant
Ray Alder/Redemption (the LaBrie song on the last album just wasn't anywhere near as good as the Ray stuff imo)

Mathias Blad - Falconer
Though I'm probably the only Falconer fan who actually liked Kristoffer's vocals. I'm pretty sad that he's not in any bands, currently.

I prefer Kristoffer. I actually cannot stand Mathias.

John West - Royal Hunt

Wow... I have to say, as much as I like John West, Royal Hunt was nothing but FAIL for me before and after D.C. Cooper's involvement. I'd rather listen to another West solo album.

Morgana Lefay - they have very good and entertaining musicians, but Charles pretty much defines this band -- to such a degree that, when the other three guys went on with the band name after the big split, the album they released completely tanked, and for good reason.

Jag Panzer - never the same without Harry Conklin.

Thunderstone - their dark power metal style is my bread-and-butter, but it's Pasi Rantanen who puts this band among my favorites of the genre. What little I've heard from Rick Altzi fronting this band just makes me sad. Not that I think he's a particularly bad singer, but IMO his voice doesn't fit, and I end up mourning the (metaphorical) loss of Pasi.

Divided Multitude - Sindre Antonsen's vocals are definitely an acquired taste, but they're what prevent the band from becoming a run-of-the-mill, plain-vanilla, prog-metal-lite band.

How about

Timmo Kotipelto of Stratovarius. Tolkki tried replacing him with that chick once, wonder what ever happened to her.

I still say Roy Khan as well :-(
Hansi Kursh from Blind guardian

heres one King Diamond from King Diamond!:cool:

To be honest I don't give a shit who's singing as long as the musical quality stays the same and the vocals mesh well with the music. In my mind singers are much more replaceable than the principal songwriter(s) are.

How about

Timmo Kotipelto of Stratovarius. Tolkki tried replacing him with that chick once, wonder what ever happened to her.

I still say Roy Khan as well :-(
Hansi Kursh from Blind guardian

heres one King Diamond from King Diamond!:cool:

Lol... Someone is outta the loop eh??

After 3 masterpieces in a row I really can't imagine Seventh Wonder without Tommy Karevik.