Irving Plaza NEW YORK

loebs said:
yea im goin , probaly reall early since ive seen em the last 3 times upfront, actually first time was more like a all night strugglew until i finally did durin demon of the fall.

IDK if you guys are here but i better not see any of u dorks from the irving plaza damnation show that were in front in june, omg talk about waste, all u guys upfront except me and my friend had no respect for porcupine tree. particularly durin the set. john the rythem guitarist i guess gave a pic to some dude next to me, and the kid jsut had that sarcastic "okay?" look like it was worthless. and some were even layin and sleepin on the monitors durin opeth. but ill probaly go early, ill have a fro be wit a brunette ladie, she sings for the Electric shoes if any of u NYers know em

PS: Irving Plaza: maybe best concert hall ever, or BB kings house of blues imo

agreed. there were so many dumbasses at the Damnation show. but they're playing heavy stuff this time, so hopefully that'll shut em up.

and yeah, Irving and BB King's are both great venues.

are you kidding? people yelled "get off the stage" at PT! that's horrible. then when Opeth came on everybody wanted something heavy and screamed requests in the middle of the mellow songs... they acted as if they didn't know that it was going to be an all mellow show!

tickets are completly sold out.

Ps. I'm going to need to hand out flyers for my site, so I'm probably going to do a funny Kataklysm vs Devildriver on the bottom half of the page with two street fighter characters and a logo and everything, so if you see someone handing out those, that's me ;p

I was gonna go but the tickets are sold out. If I went, most of you guys would probably immediatly recognize me because I'd probably be the only kid there that looks about 8 years old. It would probably be cool for Opeth to think they are appealing to 8 year olds. :cool:

a7rophy, i think i remember chattin wit u on this board right after damnation show and how we were bitching about the fans at that show bein all gay lol. i think u were behind me and my friend at the time who had red skinny dreads. we were left corner of stage. its funny how we get there 4 hours early just squezzed in an inch to be blessed by Pete Lindgren haha. the kid to the right wit the dio shirt was so gay, laying and looked like he was sleeping on the monitor, i just think the whole place didnt know it was a mellow set tour

tickets always sell out in advance for their nyc shows, u figure theyd move em up to roseland by this time.

Hello fellow Opeth fans! I am The Admiral and this is my first post. I went to purchase tickets for the Irving Plaza show and they are sold out. I am a desperate man who loves Opeth and is looking for an extra ticket. SOMEONE HELP ME OUT! :confused:

one word

EBAY

cause the will smith lookin scalper and his possee at irving plaza sell fake tickets and ive seen many people buy em not for jsut opeth shows but others bands ive seen there and crumble to the floor in disabelief. even irving has a sign on their door sayin "dont buy from scalpers"

Thanx Loebs,
I was considering scalping some tix, but now that you've told me about what goes on down there, I've changed my mind. I'm now on ebay considering to pay a rediculous amount of money.

Well, ebay has failed me. The opeth tix are going for $150+ and that's just too much money. Besides, I only need one ticket for myself. If anyone out there can offer up a extra ticket to a huge Opeth fan, please let me know.

ur welcome, theres always a matter of extra tickets at the official box office u can check now or the day of the show, cause a venue has a guest list and if it aint filled up there is extra room for the vacants for people to go in. but for the dya of show definitly go way early to be safe.