Is 'Blood Inside' the best post-black metal era Ulver yet?

Nate The Great

What would Nathan do?
May 10, 2002
www.ultimatemetal.com
I think it could be. 'Themes . . .' is nearly impossible to beat, but due to 'Themes . . .' occasional meanderings 'Blood Inside' might just have the edge. 'Perdition City' is great, but I feel it is too much of a "soundtrack" to beat an "album" like 'Blood Inside'. I don't know if 'Blood Inside' is album of the year material, but I'm sure it will be a strong contender.

Get this if you call yourself a fan of anything progressive or different.

I'm still mad that I missed out on the limited edition, and haven't even gotten around to listening to my illegally downloaded copy.

I'll probably pick up the regular version by the end of this month if I can't find the limited for $20.

Yes, as far as I'm concerned, Blood Inside is the best Ulver album.

I should get the limited edition in the mail in the next few days.

This might be a good place to ask:

Do you guys reallyreallyreally think that post-black METAL Ulver is better then pre? I know that wasn't the question asked, just wondering if some do?

KILL TULLY said:
Do you guys reallyreallyreally think that post-black METAL Ulver is better then pre? I know that wasn't the question asked, just wondering if some do?
I do, even if Bergtatt is my favorite Ulver album.

Nattens Madrigal is the best for me , that's coming from someone who enjoys Perdition City as well as Themes.I guess everything's possible concerning Ulver ..

KILL TULLY said:

:lol:

wait...you're serious?

I'll wait until I hear Blood Inside in its entirety to answer both questions, but I strongly lean towards the electronic shit despite the majesty of the first two albums and I'll probably always favor Perdition City for its atmosphere and because it got me into Ulver...

I got "Blood Inside" today, i can really say "WOW, and i dont really know what i will say about it in the future..lots of things to discover. The videoclip is just incredible (and inspired by Monty Python)

KILL TULLY said:

To answer your question: Yes and No.

To me:

Blood Inside > Svidd Neger > Perdition City > Kvelssanger > Nattens Madrigal > Lyckantropen Themes > A Quick Fix for Melancholy > Silencing the Singing & Teaching in Silence > Themes from William Blake > Bergtatt

Flame me all you want, I think Bergtatt is the weakest of them all :wave:

I tried getting into the electronica stuff, but to me, it's not music, it's noise. SOme parts of Perdition CIty were alright, and one of the SIlence EPs, but overall, I felt I was wasting my time with it.

J. said:
I tried getting into the electronica stuff, but to me, it's not music, it's noise. SOme parts of Perdition CIty were alright, and one of the SIlence EPs, but overall, I felt I was wasting my time with it.

You're just not enough familiar with this kind of music. I remember having the exact same attitude with ISIS' Oceanic heh.

In any case, give a try to Blood Inside, it's less ambiant than most of their post-trilogy material. It kind of reminds me of Arcturus at times.

KILL TULLY said:

No fucking way. If you took all of their post-black/folk albums, combined them AND THEN multiplied their power by four, it would not even equally the awesomeness that is Bergtatt... and let's not even get going on Madrigal or Kveldssanger...