Is 'Blood Inside' the best post-black metal era Ulver yet?

Marksveld said:
No fucking way. If you took all of their post-black/folk albums, combined them AND THEN multiplied their power by four, it would not even equally the awesomeness that is Bergtatt... and let's not even get going on Madrigal or Kveldssanger...

I wish you could like their new albums as much as I do because you're obviously missing something :)

Dude, Adrian, you must be retarded- Kveldssanger is the definition of black metal... fool.

And Rensei- I love their post-black albums, I think they are incredible. What it comes down to, though, is that Bergtatt is the only TRUE 10/10 album that I know.

And yes, I STILL prefer Kveldssanger to any other "folk" album... even Weiland, sorry Jay.

Marksveld said:
Dude, Adrian, you must be retarded- Kveldssanger is the definition of black metal... fool.

And Rensei- I love their post-black albums, I think they are incredible. What it comes down to, though, is that Bergtatt is the only TRUE 10/10 album that I know.

And yes, I STILL prefer Kveldssanger to any other "folk" album... even Weiland, sorry Jay.

Yes, I think Kveldssanger is absolutely stunning. Can't really get into Bergtatt though.

I'm going to type out my rankeddiding of Ulver shitz now. Note that I truly love all Ulver albums, I honestly thing they are one of the greatest and most consistent (in terms of quality) bands in history.

Bergtatt
Perdition City
Quick Fix
Lyckantropen
Silencing the Singing
William Blake
Nattens Madrigal
Kveldssanger
Svidd Neger
Silence Teaches You How to Sing
Metamorphosis

My copy of Blood Inside won't ship for another month, I ordered it from a US source, but it was only $8 so there you go.

I would rank the Ulver albums....

Bergtatt
Svidd Neger
Kveldssanger
Lyckantropen
Nattens Madrigal
Perdition City
Quick Fix
Silencing the Singing
Silence Teaches You How to Sing
Metamorphosis
William Blake

I can't get into the blake album, but thier are some brilliant moments. Especially the use of female vocals..

Marksveld said:
Hay guys, let's pretend like Vargnatt doesn't exist!
!!!!!!!!!! Whoops! Well it is only a demo after all. :loco:

Honestly I haven't listened to that one very much, even if I own it on two different formats. :erk:

One Inch Man said:
even if I own it on two different formats. :erk:

Shit- I'm assuming that means you own an original tape copy? If so- DIBS... I've wanted it for a very long time (this is of course assuming that you want to get rid of it at some point).

Erik is correct, I also have the vinyl reissue from The End.

I don't think I'll ever get rid of any of my Ulver collection. :)

Oh yeah that reminds me, the Trilogie box is a contender for BEST. THING. EVAR.

Pictures don't do it justice, those pic vinyls are so freakin' gorgeous. The posters are in black and white though, which is stupid. D'oh well, can't be perfect I guess.

Now that it's finally arrived I'll give some initial impressions of this truly fucked-up record (although I only find one track to be beyond the limits of listenability):

- Dressed In Black & Your Call are warped beyond belief yet full of completely absorbing music, both among the best Ulver material ever.
- The way Garm complements the recurring ambient swell in Blinded By Blood ::shivers::
- Operator is what the panic created by a flu pandemic or terrorist germ attack would sound like.

hey guys... do any of you have the link to download legally the Blood Inside song??? I had it on my other computer but it broke up.... I miss that song!

I just bought Nattens Madrigal the other day, and although it's taking some getting used to, it certainly does kick ass.
I showed my closed minded, non-metal mate Blood Inside the other day, and he loved it, then showed him Nattens Madrigal, and he muttered something like "Thank god for musical progression..."

Classic.