Is Frank in Helmet?

Didn't Handsom have members of Quicksand too? And didn't Quicksand tour with Anthrax?? It's funny how it all comes around full circle. I remember a Bello interview during that tour about how much he liked Quicksand.

Yes!!!!!! Frank IS in Helmet, Scott has confirmed it!!!!!!! To all you anti-Helmet fans :loco: I am stoked about this, Congrats and good luck Frank!!!!!

Alexstomp, Yes Quicksand did tour with Anthrax, the bill was Quicksand, White Zombie & Anthrax, and it was a Great Show, was during the POT tour.

Frankie is right. Quicksand is awesome. They are my favorite band of all time. I think Scott likes them too. He was talking about how Fred Durst ripped off Quicksand in an alpha mail a while back and how crappy that was. I did hear a rumor that Quicksand might play the Boston Warped Tour show for the 10th anniversary of the tour. If they do I will be there. Right now it is just a rumor. But the Warped Tour wants to bring back some of the old bands since they made it 10 years and Quicksand headlined the first Warped Tour.

Quicksand, that sounds a lil far fetched, the warped tour is about bands like Rancid, Nad religion and such, Quicksand is not punk, so your post doesn't really make sense unless your referring to a different warped tour, the one I am talking about it sponsored by Van's.

:OMG:
irratebass said:
Quicksand, that sounds a lil far fetched, the warped tour is about bands like Rancid, Nad religion and such, Quicksand is not punk, so your post doesn't really make sense unless your referring to a different warped tour, the one I am talking about it sponsored by Van's.
If Blink 182 can play warped, then so can Justin Timberlake.

Quicksand have the edge to play warped tour in my opinion. Molotov played warped tour. And they're not your typical mohawk sporting punk.

Oh, and I never knew quicksand was still around. I thought they broke up. I saw them open for the Deftones a few years ago and that's the last I ever heard from them.

I never said Quicksand was punk. But their music was definitely ground-breaking. Quicksand isnt around anymore. They did indeed break up after the 1998 Deftones tour. Yes they were on the Vans Warped Tour that you are thinking of. Quicksand's music is often referred to as post-hardcore. Basically their lead singer has always done something unique. He was in the band Youth of Today. Then he went on to form Gorilla Biscuits and was the master behind the writing of their classic Start Today. That album has sold well over 100,000 albums and they were on an independent label called Revelation Records. He also wrote and produced the first CIV record called Set Your Goals. Billy Milano came up to me at Milwaukee Metalfest and told me how much he liked CIV. I thought that was cool. As far as Im concerned Quicksand is way better than all of those crappy pop punk bands that are currently on the Warped Tour. Most of that stuff is garbage. Their are some exceptions. But alot of it is rubbish and not punk. 14 year old girls crowd surfing is not punk.

quicksand said:
I never said Quicksand was punk. But their music was definitely ground-breaking. Quicksand isnt around anymore. They did indeed break up after the 1998 Deftones tour. Yes they were on the Vans Warped Tour that you are thinking of. Quicksand's music is often referred to as post-hardcore. Basically their lead singer has always done something unique. He was in the band Youth of Today. Then he went on to form Gorilla Biscuits and was the master behind the writing of their classic Start Today. That album has sold well over 100,000 albums and they were on an independent label called Revelation Records. He also wrote and produced the first CIV record called Set Your Goals. Billy Milano came up to me at Milwaukee Metalfest and told me how much he liked CIV. I thought that was cool. As far as Im concerned Quicksand is way better than all of those crappy pop punk bands that are currently on the Warped Tour. Most of that stuff is garbage. Their are some exceptions. But alot of it is rubbish and not punk. 14 year old girls crowd surfing is not punk.
I remember all the stuff Walter Shrifels was involved with. I can't beleive I stopped listening to that type of music years ago. All those mentions of his projects brought me back to a place I haven't thought of in years. Being a teenager. I really used to love Set your Goals.

i agree. set your goals rules. one of the best shows i ever saw was quicksand and civ in chicago at the vic theatre. walter schreifels is easily my favorite musician of all time. the only bad thing is that some of his projects didnt have official releases. after gorilla biscuits broke up he recorded some stuff under a project name moondog. i have bootlegs of it but he has talked about officially releasing it on his record label www.some.com for a couple years now. then after quicksand broke up he played with arty shephard (who is now the singer for the band instruction) in a band called worlds fastest car. i have copies of those demos too and some bootleg live stuff. then after wfc broke up he formed rival schools. check out united by fate. its a really good album. now rival schools are done and i heard he has a new band called walter schreifels and the motorcycles.

If you guys want to listen to some old punks dj, Henry Rollins and Steve Jones, now have shows on this station in LA. http://www.indie1031.fm/main.html The station has a metal show now, so there's 3 hours of metal in LA once a week now. My goal is to get Anthrax on that station and I think Anthrax was supposed to appear on the station b4 the Whiskey show.

why are people always complaining about poppunkbands!!!why do you think thet call it poppunk. We all know you have many differnt types of punk, so stop the bitchin about these bands. I'm a big punkpop/punkrock fan and you can't just diss a band cause they attract a lot off nice young pretty women ehhhh I mean girls!!A large majority on the 1st live Trax show I attended were young girls!!! I'm talkin 1988 and Anti Social was a big hit on MTV!!