Is Impulse Music still in business?

I know some people have had complaints about The Omega Order / The End in the past, but that's another one that has treated me great through the years. Never a problem with those guys.
Back when they were based in Utah, they were incredible - super quick turnaround, great response with questions/issues, they were my go-to for ordering anything. After the move to New York and their later shift in focus away from metal, they just seem to have lost a step. Packages weren't shipping as fast, they were slower to get new releases, lots of stuff out of stock, etc.

I never had a problem with them per se, but between doing a poor job of keeping things in stock and slower shipping, I stopped ordering from them and haven't even checked their site in well over a year. It's a bit of a shame as I used to be a big supporter, but they just can't compete with other sites at this point.

Back when they were based in Utah, they were incredible - super quick turnaround, great response with questions/issues, they were my go-to for ordering anything. After the move to New York and their later shift in focus away from metal, they just seem to have lost a step. Packages weren't shipping as fast, they were slower to get new releases, lots of stuff out of stock, etc.

I never had a problem with them per se, but between doing a poor job of keeping things in stock and slower shipping, I stopped ordering from them and haven't even checked their site in well over a year. It's a bit of a shame as I used to be a big supporter, but they just can't compete with other sites at this point.

I used to get packages from TER in 3 business days where they were in Utah (to Mass). When they moved to NY?? Try 10 days..... Where is the logic?

I don't think that was about hurt feelings, but rather noting the fact that while those vendors have a tremendous selection of progressive metal and AOR, respectively, there's a wide array of metal that they just don't cover.

That's what I took it to mean also.

The End has always been great AFAIC. However, I understand the "once burned" sentiment, since edgeofthorns' impression of The End mirror's mine in regards to Impulse.

I never ordered from Impulse because I have always read bad things about thier service. When the store was around I would go every few months....it was hit or miss for me. They would advertise all these new disc and you would go there that weekend and none of them would be in stock. I have gotten lots of great disc there so I wont complain much. Metal Haven was a much better store when it was around....they carried a great mix of everything.

I don't think that was about hurt feelings, but rather noting the fact that while those vendors have a tremendous selection of progressive metal and AOR, respectively, there's a wide array of metal that they just don't cover.

That is true, but they're the only two that I haven't had problems with in the past. I understand that things are going to happen with products, shipments, etc., but some things are just done out of pure poor customer service from some vendors.

That's what I took it to mean also.

The End has always been great AFAIC. However, I understand the "once burned" sentiment, since edgeofthorns' impression of The End mirror's mine in regards to Impulse.

It's frustrating when you mostly rely on mail order to get your music these days as opposed to walking into a store and buying it yourself. I do honestly miss the days of store fronts. :(

~Brian~

mëtålspëd;9921611 said:
I used to get packages from TER in 3 business days where they were in Utah (to Mass). When they moved to NY?? Try 10 days..... Where is the logic?

The guy who runs their warehouse used to be a drinking buddy of mine.

Let's just say I'm not surprised.

do any of us have "feelings" on this messageboard? i thought that was something you kind of lose when posting on boards. i am sure we all have pretty thick skin or else we wouldn't be in here.

Steve and Impulse have always gave me the best service of anyone.from Illinois to VA in 3 days.you can't get much better service than that. Had trouble one time said wait one more week.didn't come he sent replacement right out. Some may have had problems but I personally couldn't ask for better service!

That's pretty much word-for-word exactly how I feel nowadays about TER. There were times when I would have my CD order in my PO Box in Atlanta, from Utah, before the credit-card authorization completely cleared.

From an overall business standpoint maybe the move to NYC was a good one...but from the standpoint of a longtime customer of Omega Mail-order, that move was a pretty big mistake. :cry:

TER now has a (relatively low) minimum purchase price, similar to Amazon and (now) DeepDiscount.com. Historically, my orders from TER always tripled or quadrupled that $25-or-so mark...or more. :)