Is Impulse Music still in business?

Andir

May 6, 2010
Austin, TX
I ordered a couple CDs from Impulsemusic.com over a month ago. Promply received an email thanking me and acknowledging my order. Then the waiting began....

After a couple weeks I sent an email to info@impulsemusic.com - no reply

Another week - tried calling. Every time I call, I get a message that asks me to leave a message and they will call back during business hours. Left a message.

Another week - tried another email and another message. - no response.

As my credit card has not been charged, I am not out the money - but I either want the CDs or confirmation my order is cancelled before I order them elsewhere.

Anyone know what is going on with them?

I don't know what is CURRENTLY going on with them but I've had similar experiences in the past where I wasn't informed of my order status or if an item was backordered, etc. I stopped buying from them years ago because of this. It happened to my brother also. Not a good way to conduct business.

I ordered a couple CDs from Impulsemusic.com over a month ago. Promply received an email thanking me and acknowledging my order. Then the waiting began....

After a couple weeks I sent an email to info@impulsemusic.com - no reply

Another week - tried calling. Every time I call, I get a message that asks me to leave a message and they will call back during business hours. Left a message.

Another week - tried another email and another message. - no response.

As my credit card has not been charged, I am not out the money - but I either want the CDs or confirmation my order is cancelled before I order them elsewhere.

Anyone know what is going on with them?

I've had it happen before, but it's usually pretty rare. The best advice is to try to get him mid-morning (his time) up until about 2 or so. I don't think he's ever called back when it goes to vm, who knows why.

I do find it very strange he wouldn't respond to emails. Usually when I send those, he responds the same day.

Are you typically calling around the same time? I would try to change it up maybe.

I don't know what is CURRENTLY going on with them but I've had similar experiences in the past where I wasn't informed of my order status or if an item was backordered, etc. I stopped buying from them years ago because of this. It happened to my brother also. Not a good way to conduct business.

Same.
As a matter of fact they still owe me a CD form about 10 years ago.

Maybe spam filter but I've never gotten an email reply back when he's out of something so now if I don't see my order within a week I assume he's out of it. As long as he has it in stock, I get it within a few days.

I order from him all the time and I call him directly and tell him what I want never ever do I have a problem with him at all. Works right out of his garage now no store. For those that don't know he moved to Colorado Springs. he is a reaslly nice guy. Call him and let him know you have been having troubles with your orders.Again really nice guy:headbang::headbang:

and another dollar for each of the varied responses....:heh: I still miss having the store in Roselle, IL....It's not far from where I work now....

Me too! Would spend a couple hours there and walk out with a box of CD's. Loved the store and truthfully have nothing but great things to say about my dealings with Impulse. So sorry and saddended to hear about the problems some of you have experienced. :(

Or Lance @Nightmare

Yes, very true. Have heard nothing but good things about Nightmare.
I know some people have had complaints about The Omega Order / The End in the past, but that's another one that has treated me great through the years. Never a problem with those guys.

J. Golden does a stellar job too by the way...

Yes, very true. Have heard nothing but good things about Nightmare.
I know some people have had complaints about The Omega Order / The End in the past, but that's another one that has treated me great through the years. Never a problem with those guys.
So many years of dealing with these guys something is bound to slip up like with everyone; but it has always been handled quickly and well.
Sometimes think that some consumers are often expecting the worse and if the slightest thing goes wrong then they are so quick to bitch. For instance if something is out of stock. Or my favorites are the guys who contact me the day after the order is placed bitching and asking where the CD is. But one that tops that are those actual people who have complained about FREE stuff. Guess you can't satisfy everyone.
But I do wish more people would understand how difficult this stuff can be sometimes especially with out employees.

J. Golden does a stellar job too by the way...

Thanks for the kind words, wasn't expecting to see it here. HAHA I do try my damnest and sometimes I slip but what the hey...
By the way new stuff is going up. I have a massive amount of new titles to go up, just not enough time to get to all.

The Omega Order / The End

These pricks never replaced a cd that I sent back to them because I was having problems with it. It was the Jorn/Dio CD. I will never order anything else from The Omega Order again!

On a much more positive note I have never, ever had any problems from Laser CD or NEH Records. If these two sellers don't have it, then I probably don't need it!

~Brian~

Wow that statement really excludes a lot of good metal.

If vendors are going to get their feelings hurt from consumers on this board, then maybe they need to stay off of these types of threads. With that said, I know that I'm going to get quality and fast turn around from Laser and NEH. I know that I'm not going to get opened/used CD's and shit like that like I've received in the past from vendors on here.

~Brian~

If vendors are going to get their feelings hurt from consumers on this board, then maybe they need to stay off of these types of threads. With that said, I know that I'm going to get quality and fast turn around from Laser and NEH. I know that I'm not going to get opened/used CD's and shit like that like I've received in the past from vendors on here.

~Brian~

I don't think that was about hurt feelings, but rather noting the fact that while those vendors have a tremendous selection of progressive metal and AOR, respectively, there's a wide array of metal that they just don't cover.