Is it blasphemy.......

spideyjg

Bass Gear Geek
Nov 14, 2005
Been spending the week with the CD. I have to say it there are a couple of songs I prefer TIM versions over the IM. :Spin:

Almost all are on par with the original COTD, Trooper, RTTH, but on Wasted Years the vocals on the chorus are a notch above. The live Remember Tomorrow Aja does Paul better than Bruce does.

Aces High the same thing vocally but also right after the intro section Wanda comes out like she is storming the beach at Normandy single handed. :headbang: :headbang: I think it sounds better than the original there and through the whole song.

Any one else want to join me in the blasphemers section?

Absolutely awesome job you ladies have done here!:worship:

Then again I have been hearing the originals for 20+ years so it could just be the newness of it.
Nah! Y'all kicked mega ass.

Jim

spideyjg said:
Aces High the same thing vocally but also right after the intro section Wanda comes out like she is storming the beach at Normandy single handed.

Hahaha, this is an awesome quote!!!!! :headbang:

I'm a blasphemer (is that even a word?!) as well!!! I said to Aja not long after the cd came out that their version of Run To The Hills kicks the original's ARSE!!! I still stand by that statement today. The only thing that's not up to par imo is the intro to Wasted Years. I don't know how they did it on the original, but the intro sounds so full and rich, and has a real futuristic sound to it and that's not been captured the same on the Maidens one. I don't even know how it would be done!!! Anyways, if the truth be told, I actually listen to the Maidens cd alot more than some of my actual Maiden cd's. I know whenever I'm jamming along on my guitar - it's the Maidens one that goes on, not the original.

Metallicat180 said:
I don't know how they did it on the original, but the intro sounds so full and rich, and has a real futuristic sound to it...

The credit for that rich, futuristic sound (nice choice of words!) imho, belongs to Martin Birch, truly one of the greatest producers ever. That man was an absolute aural genius! :headbang:

But I also must say the Maidens playing live is an awesome show. I've seen the orginal twice, but both time were in last ten years, maden's middle age, as it were. I'm glad someone has picked up the torch and carried on. Normally, I'm not a huge fan of Tribute bands, but The Maidens are head and shoulders above the rest. I plan to fly to San Diego next summer from the east coast just to catch a show. UP THE IRONS!

The originals are great because of what they are. The Maidens versions of them are great because you can tell they have a passion for what they do, and it comes through big time. I know there are 3 or 4 on their disk that I like waaayyy more than the originals. Sometimes its the music itself, sometimes its Aja's voice, sometimes its both. The Maidens never disappoint!

Lord of Delusions said:
The originals are great because of what they are. The Maidens versions of them are great because you can tell they have a passion for what they do, and it comes through big time. I know there are 3 or 4 on their disk that I like waaayyy more than the originals. Sometimes its the music itself, sometimes its Aja's voice, sometimes its both. The Maidens never disappoint!

As much as I love the Maidens I just could never say I like any of these tunes as much as the originals. Its a great tribute but saying they are better than the originals really is almost crazy. Great job though on the disc, better than most Maiden cover tunes that are recorded thats for sure!