is it me?

scorpio01169

Aug 6, 2006
San Antonio, Texas
my wifes 7 year old son still sleeps with two teddy bears. my wife and i are at odds abut this....she thinks its ok I on the other hand think it's fucking stupid. I'm not trying to be all macho and shit, but ain't 7 too damn old for that shit? i never had a teddey bear as a child so i dont know when the time for a child to give it up....if you had one......when did you give it up?

About 5 but it was taken away from me. It's just a dam toy. Who cares. He will grow out of it. If he is going to have a teddy into his teens, he is going to have a teddy into his teens regardless. IMO.

I had one but to be honest I have no idea when I grew out of it ... it could have been around that age, not really sure. Thing is, I grew out of it, it wasn't taken from me so if you're looking for opinions I'd say let him be for now. He may just decide he doesn't want them anymore on his own soon enough, even if it takes another year or so. If you take them, he'll want them even more or look for something to replace it I think. I wouldn't get too twisted up over it until he hits like age 9 and is still balls deep in the teddy bears

Make him have a sleepover. If he's not embarrassed sleeping with teddies in front of his friends, he's probably gonna hang on to 'em for a while.

I'm working with kids all day in the kindergarten. This is abolutely usual! And this is really no bad case at all (he's not 16). Kids often keep that stuff until they're 10.

Just do me one favour: Don't take it away. Usually kids have this stuff as a form of safety and you can do serious damage to his mind and your relationship to him (childrens minds are really REALLY fragil!) by just taking it away. In the first place you should talk with him without making him feel guilty for "still having them". find out why he still keeps them. there will be a reason. don't embarrass him.

if you need any further information about that stuff, PM me, I know what I'm talking about.

Im not worried about him being gay....Im just worried that he may use it as a excuse for being treated babyish.....but most of you say it's ok i guess i wont worry too much about it.

not that unusual, listen to Emdprodukt
(@Emdprodukt-ich hab übrigens auch mal in ner KiTa geschafft und der Sänger von ner befreundeten Grind Band macht grad ne Ausbildung zum Erzieher ;) )
I still own a few of my teddy bears because we were "bestfriends" when I was like 2 years old :D

Buy him more lego.

Lego Technics was the shit, why play with bears and shit when your 7 when you can build like trucks and stuff.

Ah, the kids of today have them mindstorm lego, when he build an animatronic killer android bear things are gonna get awesome :headbang:

Buy him more lego.

Lego Technics was the shit, why play with bears and shit when your 7 when you can build like trucks and stuff.

Ah, the kids of today have them mindstorm lego, when he build an animatronic killer android bear things are gonna get awesome :headbang:

For real. Every kid should have buckets of Legos.