Is it true that Steven Wilson REALLY...?

Alcapoth

S t a r E
Apr 27, 2002
ON, Canada
Visit site
...composed the BRILLIANT intro of Blackwater Park's The Drapery Falls?

I'm very curious, because I hear Wilson had a large part in it...and if so, why wasn't he given credit?

Shit, that's ONE of the best moments of the song...the intro and the ending, which ends in that stunning melody. It's awesome!!!

Alcapoth said:
...composed the BRILLIANT intro of Blackwater Park's The Drapery Falls?
Shit, that's ONE of the best moments of the song...the intro and the ending, which ends in that stunning melody. It's awesome!!!

Finally! Someone else who's recognized the ultimate Opeth moment: that wonderful melody gliding over into & outro of this great song!

In the interview on guitar.com Mike discussed this; I'm trying to remember. I believe Wilson wrote it, but I get the idea it was collaboration.

I think Mike said he had the idea for the slide guitar, it was something he wanted, but wasn't sure how to go about it.

Mikael came up with the strumming rhythm riff at the start, whereas Steve wrote the the actual melody line itself. I wonder if Mendez wrote that bass line, because it rules.

Mikael said that he 'heard' a slide guitar over the main acoustic vocal-verse in the middle, but since they'd never recorded anything like that before, they asked for Steve Wilson's help in producing it.

Note 'inadvertently', meaning I'm caught up as an accessory in this crime :(. Oh but its ok, the thread's question has been answered anyway, so I think it's fair to goof off if we want.

And yes... back to my balls...

So how do you maintain such big balls? Is it hard to walk? Do you have to wear specially designed underwear? Do you get other people to tie your shoelaces for you?

Well it's hard y'know... everyone thinks it would be great, but I don't know... all this constant attention from women looking at my groin really gets a bit distracting at times, and everyone constantly asking if they can touch them... it's hard y'know.