Steven Wilson--Insurgentes

BloodSword

Jan 30, 2006
Pittsburgh, PA
So, what do you think? Like or meh? I think it's a solid album. The song "abandoner" sounds like something Yorke and Radiohead would do. Not surprising, since in an interview, Mr. Wilson said he"truly admires In Rainbows. Some have said it "sounds like part PT, Bass Communion, No-Man all the musical projects he's involved in." Well, what do people expect? Should he sound like Van Morrison at the Hollywood Bowl? This is his sound. I also happen to think Steven Wilson is one of the best songwriters working today. He has an absolute immaculate sense of melody. Any thoughts?:kickass:

Haven't actually listened to it for quite a while now but I had it on loads after it first leaked and really enjoyed it.

I really need to spend some more time with it as it really hasn't sunk in yet. It seems to have some really strong songs and some kind of meh. I really better learn to like it considering how many versions of it I have: CD/DVD book, 4 LP book, 180g 2LP, and the single in all three colors.

So, what do you think? Like or meh? I think it's a solid album. The song "abandoner" sounds like something Yorke and Radiohead would do. Not surprising, since in an interview, Mr. Wilson said he"truly admires In Rainbows. Some have said it "sounds like part PT, Bass Communion, No-Man all the musical projects he's involved in." Well, what do people expect? Should he sound like Van Morrison at the Hollywood Bowl? This is his sound. I also happen to think Steven Wilson is one of the best songwriters working today. He has an absolute immaculate sense of melody. Any thoughts?:kickass:

I just listened to the Song Abandoner.Clearly Radiohead influenced, even the name bares a striking resemblance to Radioheads 'REckoner", lol. Very cool song though, But the beginning drums feel/sound like Teardrop.

In a way, this is my favorite kind of music atm. Radiohead has allowed me to feel confident in using ideas/ concepts I had before.Sorry off topic .

one more thing, this music kick's ass. like seriously.

Haven't picked this up yet, but as soon as I actually see it in stores (i.e. not sold out), it'll be mine. I heard 'Harmony Korine' and instantly fell in love with it. I didn't really like Fear of a Blank Planet, but just about everything else Steven has done has been great, so hopefully this won't be an exception.

I just listened to the Song Abandoner.Clearly Radiohead influenced, even the name bares a striking resemblance to Radioheads 'REckoner", lol. Very cool song though, But the beginning drums feel/sound like Teardrop.

In a way, this is my favorite kind of music atm. Radiohead has allowed me to feel confident in using ideas/ concepts I had before.Sorry off topic .

one more thing, this music kick's ass. like seriously.
Panzerfaust, I appreciate your thoughts,man. Not really off-topic. I like to know how your musical endeavors are going for you.

Man Bloodsword we usually agree on most topics but not this one.
Don't get me wrong i really dig all of PT's work and admire Steven Wilson but this one seems directionless and uninspired to me imo.

I really don't get why so many people dislike Fear of a Blank Planet.
I personally love it. Whats not to like about Anesthesize?

Don't get me wrong i really dig all of PT's work and admire Steven Wilson but this one seems directionless and uninspired to me imo.

Sleep Together is my favourite on the album and one of my favourite songs of 2007, pretty sure it's the one I listened to most anyway. It's one of those dodgy songs that is always gonna be stuck with me because of what was going on at the time.

I respect that opinion, Belligerent. and I can agree somewhat, especially in the latter part of the album. Those last couple songs are a little lackluster. But, the first 5 are, imo, beautifully written and executed. To me, Mr. Wilson's compositions for the last 8-10 years, in all of his musical endeavors is astonishing.:worship: