Is Jorn Lande the new metal voice ?

SavagePanda

New Metal Member
Jul 26, 2003
Niterói, Brazil
Since some time ago Jorn Lande is being considered the best metal vocalist of the actuality.

Last monday I could see him live and my reaction was : :OMG:

The guy ROOOOOOOCCCCKKKKKSSSSS !!!!!!!!!

What's your opinion about him ? do you think that he is the successor of names like Robert Plant, Bruce Dickinson and DIO ?

I've heard a few songs from his solo album, and his voice is awesome. I didn't like Ark much, and I haven't heard Masterplan. I'll check it out, too.

SavagePanda said:
Since some time ago Jorn Lande is being considered the best metal vocalist of the actuality.

What's your opinion about him ? do you think that he is the successor of names like Robert Plant, Bruce Dickinson and DIO ?
While he may be a good singer, I dont see him attaining the status of the 3 names mentioned above. I personally don't understand the appeal of Jorn.

Glenn

Djm said:
I've heard a few songs from his solo album, and his voice is awesome. I didn't like Ark much, and I haven't heard Masterplan. I'll check it out, too.
I would recommend checking out his work on Beyond Twilight. I think Masterplan is the worst shit I've ever heard from him.

He does have a great voice, best heard on Burn The Sun, but too often lapses into cock-rock stylings. And while his strength is still apparent, I don't think it's enough to redeem mediocre material like Masterplan (Enlighten Me and Soulburn excepted).

Do you know what I think the whole issue with Jorn is? I think that he has a spectacular voice, but as a singer he is average. He uses too many cliches and re-uses melody lines over and over.

I'm actually glad he left ARK after I have had some time to reflect on it. His style of singing and material he sings about does not fit with the music.

But do you know what I am looking forward to? Conception's album supposedly coming out in 2005! Roy and Tore...the way it was meant to be.

p.s. I agree with the above stating that Beyond Twilight was his best work, mostly because he didnt write the lyrics ;)

I love his voice on "Burn the Sun"... definately one of the best vocal performances I've heard in awhile... though I didn't care for his voice on other stuff I've heard (Beyond Twilight, Mundanus Imperium)... I do think he did a pretty good job on Masterplan... which has grown on me

Hey guys, get is straight - if you don't like power metal, there is ZERO CHANCE of you liking Masterplan. Almost every power metal fan (apart from here) I know says Masterplan RULE. :cool:

Yeah, he's good, but let's face it, the guy's a Coverdale clone. I'm sure nowadays kiddies think he's some amazing vocal god since they've probably never heard of David Coverdale.

Jørn Lande is a decent but overrated singer, I only have Burn The Sun by Ark, that's the only album I've heard him sing on. But there's another Norwegian singer who is ten times better than Lande, the singer in Intrigue, Kai Somby. He is one of the best young metal singers I've heard, here's a link to one of their songs, "Orbina": http://www.intrigue.no/Music/hj_mp3/Orbina.mp3
It's only a short clip, and it gives only a glimpse of his singing. Visit their website, www.intrigue.no for more information.

lande is good isn't this enough.
there's too many gay singer these days like labrie and so on.

so we may put lande in the squad of the good vocals (even if only for his singing in beyond twilight) among the voices of david readman, geoff tate, russ allen.
It's sad he is more into other metal genres.

Yngtchie Blacksteen said:
Jørn Lande is a decent but overrated singer, I only have Burn The Sun by Ark, that's the only album I've heard him sing on. But there's another Norwegian singer who is ten times better than Lande, the singer in Intrigue, Kai Somby. He is one of the best young metal singers I've heard, here's a link to one of their songs, "Orbina": http://www.intrigue.no/Music/hj_mp3/Orbina.mp3
It's only a short clip, and it gives only a glimpse of his singing. Visit their website, www.intrigue.no for more information.
I like it. Can't really make out a thing he's saying though.

Yngtchie Blacksteen said:
But there's another Norwegian singer who is ten times better than Lande, the singer in Intrigue, Kai Somby.
I can't judge for this little Short clip but... I think the one overrated is this Kai.. not Lande.. anyways Thats only my Opinion ;)