Who is the best singer in metal?

Jocaim and tony are incredibly good singers

Not agreed. Joacim, despite his good colour of voice, has a rather weak voice; and thus he is not a good singer for me. And Labrie is just the opposite in this context, again from my perspective. He has a impressive and powerful vocal techique, but a bad colour of voice.

Joacim has probably one of metal´s weakest voices and King?? Udo and King have to be some of the worst singers...
One great singer that has not been mentioned is Kelly Sundown Carpenter!

My bad then...

Here is my list:

Devin Townsend
Daniel Heiman
Mikkel Sandager
Kelly Carpenter
Stu Block (not best tone, but impressive range + cool growls)
Russel Allen

The king was one of the worst singers?That was sarcasme right?Clearly some of you dont understand the art and the difficulty of the falsetto.King diamond never tried to sing in his perspective.He used his vocal abilities to imitate the characters in his albums.Sure there are other good vocalist but the king is in a league of his own.

Why hasnt anybody mentioned king diamond yet?He was the best metal singer by far.Oh yeah fred durst?You people dont even know what metal is.

Falsetto voice wasn't invented by metal vocalists, you must know this as our "SUPERIOR". And what does this have to do with "not knowing what metal is" ? I like King Diamond, but should the fact that i don't put him among my favourites mean i don't know what metal is? And academically "falsetto voice" is not regarded among one's actual vocal range, you again must know this...

King diamond pretty much is the best,most original voices in metal.NOBODY can copy his voice nor should they try.Yep I saw somebody here mention fred durst which is why I said that because as you know fred durst does not sing in a metal band.Did I say metal singers invented the falsetto?

Anyone who compares Gildenlow's vocal capabilities (including falsettos) with King Diamond's and says "technically Diamond's is superior" is totally ignorant,utterly prejudiced, or lacks the ability of clear perception. (You may LIKE more, which i can not discuss, but as for versatility and technical difficulty; the scenery is very clear :) )

If ever Diamond invented the use of falsetto voice, that would be a cool thing. But other than that, a sensitive male with a little more than average average vocal talent (anatomically), and who can discover his feminine side(this is not something negative i suppose); can easily use his falsetto voice effectively. But again, this is not regarded in one's actual anatomical vocal range... Believe me, even if you can not reach very high notes, Bruce Dickinson's voice(which does almost never include falsettos) is far more difficult to imitate...

Anyone who compares Gildenlow's vocal capabilities (including falsettos) with King Diamond's and says "technically Diamond's is superior" is totally ignorant,utterly prejudiced, or lacks the ability of clear perception. (You may LIKE more, which i can not discuss, but as for versatility and technical difficulty; the scenery is very clear :) )

Nope diamond pretty much has more vocal abilities than anybody mentioned here.You cannot compare gildenlow to diamond(unless you are that thick).Anybody who says different than me is wrong.King diamond pretty much lines up with all those opera singers and all other vocalist (in metal) are way below him.

If ever Diamond invented the use of falsetto voice, that would be a cool thing. But other than that, a sensitive male with a little more than average average vocal talent (anatomically), and who can discover his feminine side(this is not something negative i suppose); can easily use his falsetto voice effectively. But again, this is not regarded in one's actual anatomical vocal range...

Once agian you fail to see my point.If you are aware diamond had more vocal ability than anybody else.He was capable of singing at extremly high ranges yet he could switch to the lowest growl in a second.You tell me one singer that could do that in metal.