Who is the worst singer in metal?

How about Devin Townsend? He's a great growler and singer imo, and as stated before, Åkerfeldt is awesome as well - no one beats his death metal growls and his soft, almost whispering singing voice is to die for (almost sounded a bit gay there..) Max Obstbaum is pretty great as well! (Promoting Crystal-Blaze since 1966)

Got much respect for Russell, but Hansi Kürsch owns just about every singer (yes, even Bruce Dickinson).

If you like Hansi's voice you should probably check out a band called 'Persuader', I couldn't believe that the singer wasn't Kürsch when I first heard his voice. I think that their music is pretty cool, haven't heard it a lot though.

FretSlug said:
How about Devin Townsend? He's a great growler imo, and as stated before, Åkerfeldt is awesome as well. Max Obstbaum is pretty great as well! (Promoting Crystal-Blaze since 1966)

If you like Hansi's voice you should probably check out a band called 'Persuader', I couldn't believe that the singer wasn't Kürsch when I first heard his voice. I think that their music is pretty cool, haven't heard it a lot though.

isnt the dude from persuader the one matt uses on his stuff?

devin rocks for sure :headbang: also an awesome growler is the dude from Swallow the Sun..

as for singing, I know Zach hates the katatonia dude, especially the guest vox he did for STS - but i love his voice, its very unique, and think as a guest he fits with STS's style perfectly!

Already have them. As soon as Savage Circus released their album, I learned of the band. Kick Ass.

But if you want to differentiate Hansi and Jens Carlssen, listen to a Blind Guardian song first, then one from Savage Circus or Persuader. Easy to see the difference that way.

isnt the dude from persuader the one matt uses on his stuff?

Matt? Tell me more.

Well, I've listed my top of the worst.. or how do you even put that. But if we are not talking strictly in the metal scene, I'd say that Britney Spears really sucks. She really does. Compared to her fellow Christina Aguilera, Beyoncé, Shakira, you name it, she really does pretty bad. Not that I'm a huge Shakira/Beyoncé fan, because I ain't! ..But Christina is cool... krhm...:oops:

I also will point out the singer of Sacred Steel among the worst ones. Another one that I remember is the singer who recorded the second album of Iron Fire. When I first heard him singing I laughed together with the CD store owner asking "wtf???"...