Who is the worst singer in metal?

korruption

Amateur Dentist
May 13, 2002
Canada
This thread just screams flame-war but let's see how long we can keep it under control. :D Remember opinions are like assholes.

Grand prize winner(?): KAI HANSEN

Follow-ups:
Phil Ans- fuck it I'm not even going to finish the name
Timo Kotipelto (listen to "Find Your Own Voice"... He's got his good moments though)
James Hetfield

75124.jpg

Reactions: Sympozium
The singer from that Emo band Coheed and Cambria...

In art class, we listen to music, and it's usually me and this emo punk kid who take turns. Well, he listens to a bunch of Coheed and Cambria. After having to listen to that for the past month or so, I will admit that the music is pretty good. HOWEVER, their vocalist is ungodly horrible...

If you think James Labrie sounds girly and whiny, listen to this guy...

In my art class for some reason we always end up listening to The Darkness or The White Stripes. The local fan has an apple iPod. He has an attachment for controlling what's on the radio, so he selects what he listens to. I don't care enough to try and change it.

i flame ye first poster.

That out of the way.... shit, there are so many. I got this promo for a band called defender and it is not *terrible* music, but the vocalist is horrible. The album is called "they came over the high pass"... check out track three. It's terrible. Oh, and Tim Owens with iced earth... he was killer with priest, but he sucks with IE

Luis said:
James Labrie
Uh, James Labrie? Have you even heard the guy sing, he's brilliant on the first few DT albums. Anyways, one of the worst metal singers I've ever heard is the dude from C4, one of Michael Angelo's bands. If you find a song called 'Take Your Bully Down', make sure you download it, it's hilarious, especially the video.

I will also defend Hansi, but i think that even though LaBrie and Kotipelto were once good singers, for some reason I think their voices sound crappy now. But they're not the worst singers though. I've heard stuff on sampler cd's i've gotten that is completely horrible, but I have repressed them all from memory. And singers that scream for the sake of screaming really suck.

rod tyler was :lol:

not a fan of labrie at all..

man u guys are gonna kill me for this one..tobias of edguy :lol: (no offense but bloody hell i hate yodelly power metal vocals)

on the same horrible powermetal vocals line, the rhapsody dude, the blind guardian dude, the first angra singer..

no one will agree with any of that, and its all just my personal bias because frankly i dont like the cliched power metal thing.

what she said ^^^^ Matos is the worse, listen to the chorus after the key change after the solo of 'carry on'
yuk