Who is the worst singer in metal?

Ultimate_Symphony said:
You should learn that all opinions don't hold the same weight, and also to project your opinions in a more respectful manner. I'm a singer (and vocalist) myself and i'm pretty sure that I know what i'm talking about, and to say that death metal doesn't take a lot of talent is absolutely ludicrous. Like I said, inform yourself a little bit more (or try to do it by yourself) before making assumptions that are absolutely not true.

I'm not going to continue this. It's getting pointless. It's obvious you think that you have some kind of superiority over me in the manner you're speaking in. Like you know everything about music and you know what's good, what's not good, and what's hard, and what's not hard. If my opinions aren't up to par with your naturally talented vocalist self then it's wrong.

And all opinions don't hold the same weight in each person's eyes. Ever think of that? Not everyone thinks like you do. There can be a thousand people in the next year who view this post and agree with me completely. People recieve opinions very differently. Regardless of value, they are still opinions.

And inform myself? Am I supposed to go onto google.com and get a hundred opinions on whether people think it's hard or not? What about the people who take english speaking classes? We take it for granted but it's difficult for them. Well for your information I have tried it and I don't see the difficulty. Now I'm just waiting for you to lose your temper over this (NO YOU DIDNT!!!).

before making assumptions that are absolutely not true.
How hypocritical. I guess you don't have opinions, just facts.

Don't even respond to this. I really don't want to continue this.

-Kronikle

I'm not going to continue this. It's getting pointless. It's obvious you think that you have some kind of superiority over me in the manner you're speaking in. Like you know everything about music and you know what's good, what's not good, and what's hard, and what's not hard. If my opinions aren't up to par with your naturally talented vocalist self then it's wrong.
Wrong! I'm not some kind of god to know everything, I bet a million dollars that Yngvai would kick my ass when it comes to guitar playing and that a lot of other people know more about singing than I do. I'm just stating the fact that i'm a vocalist, does it hurt so much that I said that? I think you should know by know that if some other people don't agree with you (on the SyX board, who knew?) there's something wrong with your opinion. Keep distributing your ignorance for all that I care.

And all opinions don't hold the same weight in each person's eyes. Ever think of that? Not everyone thinks like you do. There can be a thousand people in the next year who view this post and agree with me completely. People recieve opinions very differently. Regardless of value, they are still opinions.
Of course a lot of people would agree with you, people that aren't informed that is. There are informed opinions and uniformed opinions, i'll let you make your own conclusion about that.

And inform myself? Am I supposed to go onto google.com and get a hundred opinions on whether people think it's hard or not? What about the people who take english speaking classes? We take it for granted but it's difficult for them. Well for your information I have tried it and I don't see the difficulty. Now I'm just waiting for you to lose your temper over this (NO YOU DIDNT!!!).
Look on the internet, there are lots of singing websites (hell look on the musicians forum, you can find a lot of posts by me and other people, most notably Soultorn's vocalist)

How hypocritical. I guess you don't have opinions, just facts.
:lol: I guess then that if someone says space doesn't exist no one can prove him wrong, right? because it's his opinion :rolleyes:

Cheers!

The worst singer?

I'd put my money on Mustaine, though I kinda like the Rust in Peace album. (Yeah, his voice fits in perfectly, but the first time I listened to RiP after I bought it I fell from my chair laughing. :D )

As for growling, I don't consider it "singing" either, but I must admit it does take some practise to become any good at it. I didn´t like "dark" vocals before, but lately I've gotten into them via CoB and Opeth. (I just saw Opeth live yesterday. They were good. :D ) But I'm not off to flame anyone, so I'll just leave it to that I think Opeth, CoB, Meshuggah, etc. are fine as they are - and thank goodness they're not loaded with some high-pitched cockadoodledoo stuff. :)

Ultimate_Symphony said:
Wrong! I'm not some kind of god to know everything, I bet a million dollars that Yngvai would kick my ass when it comes to guitar playing and that a lot of other people know more about singing than I do. I'm just stating the fact that i'm a vocalist, does it hurt so much that I said that? I think you should know by know that if some other people don't agree with you (on the SyX board, who knew?) there's something wrong with your opinion. Keep distributing your ignorance for all that I care.
No there's nothing wrong with my opinion. If the entire Symphony X forum liked a song I thought sucked my opinion is wrong? I think you're the ignorant one here.

Of course a lot of people would agree with you, people that aren't informed that is. There are informed opinions and uniformed opinions, i'll let you make your own conclusion about that.
Didn't I already tell you that I tried it? How more informed can you want? That's first hand experience my friend.

Look on the internet, there are lots of singing websites (hell look on the musicians forum, you can find a lot of posts by me and other people, most notably Soultorn's vocalist)
And what are these sites and posts going to say? Instruction and opinion. Nothing to convince me that you're right and I'm wrong.

:lol: I guess then that if someone says space doesn't exist no one can prove him wrong, right? because it's his opinion :rolleyes:
Congratulations. You just made the stupidest comment on this thread yet. That's not an opinion if someone says that because it can be proven. It's either right or wrong. Facts can be proven, opinions can not. These are opinions: "That movie was good" "This is easy!" "Your mom is pretty hot". These are facts (whether true or untrue): "Space doesn't exist" "Humans are mammals" "Algebra is a type of math". Maybe YOU are the one that needs to be informed.

-Kronikle

No there's nothing wrong with my opinion. If the entire Symphony X forum liked a song I thought sucked my opinion is wrong? I think you're the ignorant one here.
We are talking about SINGING, not about preference.

Didn't I already tell you that I tried it? How more informed can you want? That's first hand experience my friend.
Do you know if you're doing it on pitch or have you tried it on a 2 hour concert? :lol: i'm getting analytical here.

And what are these sites and posts going to say? Instruction and opinion. Nothing to convince me that you're right and I'm wrong.
www.freevoicelessons.com There you have one. Why don't you look for the posts? they are on the musicians forum. You're the one that wants to be informed right? well I don't have to do that job for you, do it yourself.

Congratulations. You just made the stupidest comment on this thread yet. That's not an opinion if someone says that because it can be proven. It's either right or wrong. Facts can be proven, opinions can not. These are opinions: "That movie was good" "This is easy!" "Your mom is pretty hot". These are facts (whether true or untrue): "Space doesn't exist" "Humans are mammals" "Algebra is a type of math". Maybe YOU are the one that needs to be informed.
Oh wait, maybe you didn't get the point :rolleyes: Space exists because we have proven it, right? stars exist because we have proven it, right? has it always been that way? come on man, think a little bit more. Scientists and astronomers have to study and PROVE before they can state an opinion as a fact. Did early humankind know that stars existed and how they were? I don't think so, therefore, they had to formulate their opinions about the world. Holy shit! now i'm talking about astronomy :lol: Anyway, you're missing the point. You said that death metal doesn't take talent? ask any other death metal musician or look at tablatures or whatever and maybe you'll see the point.

Ultimate_Symphony said:
We are talking about SINGING, not about preference.
You're looking at this wrong, it's not about singing instruction but singing difficulty. Difficulty is an opinion, instruction is not.

Do you know if you're doing it on pitch or have you tried it on a 2 hour concert? :lol: i'm getting analytical here.
Nah, I just did it my own way :cool: Sounds decent, just about on par with all those death metal vocalists.

www.freevoicelessons.com There you have one. Why don't you look for the posts? they are on the musicians forum. You're the one that wants to be informed right? well I don't have to do that job for you, do it yourself.
Yes why don't you prove my point as well. I go onto that site and find instruction and opinions. Anything going to make me change my opinion? Not likely...

Oh wait, maybe you didn't get the point :rolleyes: Space exists because we have proven it, right? stars exist because we have proven it, right? has it always been that way? come on man, think a little bit more. Scientists and astronomers have to study and PROVE before they can state an opinion as a fact. Did early humankind know that stars existed and how they were? I don't think so, therefore, they had to formulate their opinions about the world. Holy shit! now i'm talking about astronomy :lol: Anyway, you're missing the point. You said that death metal doesn't take talent? ask any other death metal musician or look at tablatures or whatever and maybe you'll see the point.
Once again, you're proving my point.

FACT: A statement that can be PROVEN
OPINION: A statement that can NOT BE PROVEN

The whole "space doesn't exist" thing was an untrue fact. It can be proven that it does exist. This whole matter of death metal is an opinion. Do you not get this or something? I should ask any other death metal musician to see the point? Once again that air of superiority. Death metallers know everything so their opinions are always facts? You go ask one of my friends about death metal and then YOU'LL see the point. I honestly don't give a flying **** about what death metal musicians say because it's going to be opinions. I'm sure you feel the exact same way about what my friends have to say.

Point being, opinions aren't facts so stop thinking that if I go ask some other guy his opinion about the matter that he's going to be right.

-Kronikle

Is there any difference here in the essence? It's about opinions. Singing and Preference can still be judged by opinion.
I'm gonna finnish this quick. Opinions CAN be proven wrong (talking about singing) if you state your opinion when you know shit about singing (or vocalizing) and you debate with someone that knows his way around the matter, get it?

Nah, I just did it my own way :cool: Sounds decent, just about on par with all those death metal vocalists.
Thanks for proving what I expected, you don't really have a clue about what you're talking about. How do you do your growls, btw?

Yes why don't you prove my point as well. I go onto that site and find instruction and opinions. Anything going to make me change my opinion? Not likely...
Opinions from people that KNOW what they're talking about and have studied music for years.

Death metallers know everything so their opinions are always facts?
Oh you're sinking even more, do I even have to answer this?

Do you not get this or something? I should ask any other death metal musician to see the point? Once again that air of superiority.
If you want fuckin' Britney Spears to inform you about death metal, fair enough. I'm telling you to ask people who WORK, who MAKE the music. Who else would know about Death metal if it isn't a death metal musician?

FACT: A statement that can be PROVEN
OPINION: A statement that can NOT BE PROVEN
:rolleyes:

Anyway, why do you try so hard to prove your opinion? you have yours right? stick with it then. I couldn't care less if you want to learn something about death metal, but don't talk about things when you honestly don't have a clue. Why do I say that? because you mentioned plenty of bands as death metal when they clearly aren't (you even had the balls to say that Speed growled when he's a screamer for the most part, the latest album is the one where he uses more of a growling style).

I rest my case.

Knight of the Templar said:
I hope this won't get to a bigger fight...
This is hardly a fight, I don't see any punches flying around :D Anyway, I don't think there's anything more to say about this (sorry If I pissed some people for taking this thread off course).

Well I'm going to stop this debate. No point going on, we're just throwing the same arguements back and forth. I enjoyed the debate and the civilty of it. I look forward to our next >:) Until we meet again...

(PS: Is Encore software or hardware? Can I download it or do I have to order it wait for it to come by mail and stuff? Also, I'm not quite sure exactly what I'm looking for as far as Midi Programs. I just type Midi Programs on google and get a butt load of results. Could you be a little more specific or name some other programs that match what you're talking about? Thanks man!)

-Kronikle

Hey, no problem :D Encore is a software (maybe someone else can name a better program) you can buy it, but if you don't want to, you can look on Kazaa (or any other p2p software) and see if you can download it (i'm pretty sure you can). If you don't find it search for ''Midi programs''.

I'm just dissapointed that it didnt turn into a flame war. Flame Wars are always sooo entertaining to the vewier,:D Why cant you guys be more immiture dammit!:D

Yngtchie Blacksteen said:
Yeah, I hate him too, why couldn't they at least get a singer with good english?
I understand what you're saying, but if we required all singers to have good English, then most bands would be all instrumental...

Mr. Shred-ididle said:
I'm just dissapointed that it didnt turn into a flame war. Flame Wars are always sooo entertaining to the vewier,:D Why cant you guys be more immiture dammit!:D
*takes note*

:lol: I'll try that next time :D