Who is the worst singer in metal?

Monika from the band Atrox has to be especially since she prides herself with making you "cringe" every once in a while!

Timo Tolkki (hahaha what a fucking joke)

The dude from Kenziner (ugh, has no sense of melody)

Andre Matos (I don't HATE him but he was pretty squeaky in old Angra; much better in Shaman)

Rod Tyler (god what a weak voice)

Um, that's all I can think of right now.

I dont like Labrie at all but I have heard worse. There are a lot of bad (well bad in my ears) power metal singers who just take it too high for my liking.

The guy from Cacophony, Peter Marino I think, is aweful. His clean voice is worse than death metal growls.

Liquid Tension said:
Monika from the band Atrox has to be especially since she prides herself with making you "cringe" every once in a while!

well i was searching the forums for atrox to find some threads and up comes "worst singer in metal" and i knew it had to be you. hope you understand soon that you should stop harassing me. besides, who the fuck on this forum would care about me being a terrible singer, bet no one have ever even heard of my band.

please stop this mocking.

Chris Barnes sucks. He's emotionless, even for a death metal vocalist. The new guy, Corpsegrinder is way better. He's also done pretty good work with other bands like Monstrosity.

monikaedv said:
well i was searching the forums for atrox to find some threads and up comes "worst singer in metal" and i knew it had to be you. hope you understand soon that you should stop harassing me. besides, who the fuck on this forum would care about me being a terrible singer, bet no one have ever even heard of my band.
you go girl. i never heard of the band or what she sounds like, but a chick that comes and stands up for herself is alright by me. i wish the rest of the people listed would do that :D

Yeah, but of the two video's i have seen, i prefer six feet under to cannibal corpse. not for anything in particular to do with music... if it came down to music and vocals, i'd go with CC, but SFU has much cooler videos. and neither of them were all that gorey... wtf is wrong?

SilentRealm said:
you go girl. i never heard of the band or what she sounds like, but a chick that comes and stands up for herself is alright by me.
I haven't heard them either, but I'm almost inclined to be a fan anyway, just from her comment.:D

Um....did you ever hear Power Metal?
Good point. Not only Power Metal but the follow up album Cowboys From Hell features some very impressive Anselmo vocals. Cemetery Gates, Those high pitch/harmonic trade offs with Dimebag kick ass. Medicine Man is the other track where Phil's vocals shine.

Even Vulgar Display was impressive.

FBD was where Phil's voice started getting annoying, but Use My Third Arm is still great as raw screams go.

And Phil's work on Down II is commendable as well. NOLA's vocals sucked though.

I don't think being able to do falsetto instantly makes you a good singer. Halford and Ripper Owens are both average vocalists, but they're overcommended for their screeches, and hailed as METLAL GODZ!!!11!!!11!

Uh...no. Falsetto doesn't mean everything. Look at the singers from Opeth and Fear Factory.

And Jonathan Davis gets my vote. A flat, tuneless whine with wannabe aggressive screaming and faux rap. It's disgusting.