Who is the worst singer in metal?

Me.

I just...shouldn't...ever attempt to sing metal. Soft songs by metal artists, I can get away with. I have particularly good luck with some of James LaBrie's stuff (hold the flaming of him due to my gender, please...I STILL don't have half his lung capacity!). Screaming, growling stuff--ain't gonna happen.

Cacophony singer, what they saw in this fat slob is beyond me
Udo Dirkschneider(now) should have quite at least 20 years ago
Edu from Angra, worst live singer ever
Ozzy Osbourne post Black Sabbath should have gone out in style and died of a drug overdose in the late 70's after Sabbath. Would have died a legend and not a laughing stock
Any generic brutal death or black metal singer
Bruce Dickinson on Maiden England(bruce is a legend but this is the worst performance by someone of his caliber ive ever seen)

Hellholming said:
to allt the Kotipelto bashers.. I'd like to see Russell try to sing "Find your own voice", he hasn't got the range for it. Anyway, I still don't think Timo isn't a great vocalist, and prefer Russell over him any day.. There's a song on the new Strato album where the vocals really make me cringe.. Soooo daamn, off-key!!

Labrie is amazing though, and I like Sammett too.

I don't see the point in these negative bash-type threads....
Russell could sing that song. Russell doesnt attempt to do high dog squeal notes like Koti because he realises it doesnt sound good. Koti should realise this to. Kotipelto is probably one of the worst singers ive ever heard. Awful wimpy voice, horrible pitch and the worst sounding high voice ive heard. He is flat out shit.

korruption said:
Holy shit how the FUCK did I forget that?!?! Aaahhh!!! Wish someone would shoot that loser!

That is not even funny anymore, considering how dime was shot, lets keep it about how someone sings. :)

Anyway, I also think Anselmo isn't that bad, now that guy from lamb of god has kinda awful voice, heh.

I´m gonna give a great tip if you want to laugh your asses off...
There´s a band named Wotan, their music is very similar to Manowar.
Their singer (Vanni) HAS GOT to be the worst singer ever, he´s also got the foulest goat vibrato ever heard!

Check it out, you won´t be disappointed...

DoomsdayZach said:
I gotta flame Labrie at any opportunity... that dude is the ultimate hack.
It's one thing when people say that they don't like James Labrie, but it's completely beyond me, how anyone can say that he's a hack.
Kenneth R. said:
1. Robert Plant. yes. I SO WENT THERE.
Yes, you did SO GO THERE.

Plant the worst singer? Yikes...I find him to be one of the most awesomest too.

My pick for the worst singer ever in a metal band would have to be I have no clue. When I saw Megadeth at Gigantour last summer Dave Mustaine was way too robotic for my tastes. His incredibly bland performance turned me off from checking out his band.

Yeah, but that's because Dave Mustaine's voice turned to rap in recent years. It used to be alot more badass in the 80's.

Oh wait wait wait... I got another one:

Jada Pinkett Smith. aka Will Smith's wife and her metal band. However, I respect her badass-ness at sticking to it and pursuing metal, but she needs vocal lessons bigtime.

Kenneth R. said:
Oh wait wait wait... I got another one:

Jada Pinkett Smith. aka Will Smith's wife and her metal band. However, I respect her badass-ness at sticking to it and pursuing metal, but she needs vocal lessons bigtime.
OH GOD!!!! Did anyone see Wicked Wisdom at Ozzfest '05? At the Holmdel show, they got Boo'd off the stage in the middle of their opening song.:lol: I almost got trampled while I was rofling.